Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Ki Mobility Rogue worries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Granted I know nothing

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Does the Freewheel work properly with an adjustable footplate?
    Ditto on nixing the knobbys.
    If you like and prefer 5 inch casters, you should stay with them if possible.

So the seat to footrest is 11 inches and the front seat height is 15.5 inches. That makes the footrest 4.5 inches from the floor. Will the Freewheel work from that height or are they building something like the other chair. I don't understand what footrest setup you are getting or if the Freewheel will work.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Does the Freewheel work properly with an adjustable footplate?
    Ditto on nixing the knobbys.
    If you like and prefer 5 inch casters, you should stay with them if possible.

So the seat to footrest is 11 inches and the front seat height is 15.5 inches. That makes the footrest 4.5 inches from the floor. Will the Freewheel work from that height or are they building something like the other chair. I don't understand what footrest setup you are getting or if the Freewheel will work.
    I doubt the freewheel will work with the footplate 4.5" off the ground. As far as the adjustable footplate, the freewheel worked on my last chair with one, but I had to tighten it down before I used it to keep it from moving. Much easier with the titanium loop footplate on my current chair.

I have a custom Freewheel. My footplate is already that high off the ground. We went over everything, and pulled the trigger. No knobbies, Schwalbes instead, only 1" dump, and the casters stay 4", else it would affect having the regular footplate. Yes, it works with angle adjustable, but you gotta screw it in place so it doesn't have any give. I think we have it dialed in this time. Fingers crossed! We are also trying to get the Roho carbon fiber agility back approved. I wanted the LX Spinergys, but they can't be justified, so oh well, I get silver hubs.

Dont fret the silver hubs, I have a set of Spinergys with silver alloy hubs and they roll as well as the anodised/powdercoated(?) version. I would be more concerned about the olive green; can you, or would you want to, change that ?
    If you were getting bog standard wheels you could strongly put forward the argument of shoulder rotate wear n tear from heavier wheels etc. As it is LX Spinergys or Spox wheels are equally as good in my opinion although I have to admit that the half dozen fewer spokes of the LX are an advantage when handling them. Are your fingers compromised? If they are that would be a valid consideration and argument for the LX option. We all want to minimise the wear that wheelchair life brings on us and causes more restriction and cost to both us and the health providers.
    Fixing the adjustable foot plates with screws must put a huge shear load on the fastening. Can you not opt for a fully welded set up? Or have your footplate welded when you arrive at your optimum setting?
    Last edited by slow_runner; 08-02-2018 at 12:43 AM.