Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Ki Mobility Rogue worries

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Please, whatever you do, do NOT accept it. Even if they can finagle it to work, send it back. You'll be using that for at least five years, so you need it right. Period.
    Keep us updated.
    I agree, don't take it.

I accepted a chair that was not set up / built to the specs agreed on. Ultimately they get their $ and you own the problems, literally.

Very one has to decide for themselves. But, as some have posted "Do not Accept" no matter what promises given of fixes later.
    I have a new chair that these promises where made now it's a bit over 6 years old, original DME kept putting off then sold business and new owner could not find the file on chair.
    "Good Luck!"

I called the DME and told them the issues, and they seem very peeved with me. Said that it the way I ordered it. The back not being the carbon is all that insurance would pay for, so I'll have to pay out of pocket for the carbon. They can't do non risers unless it's clamp on, due to the seat to footrest length. The sideguards are standard order, unless I wanted matching with the wheel, which is extra. They assured me the back is flush with the poles (the pic sure doesn't show that!). Ki's rep went down there, and from what he says, they CANNOT do it with the footrests as I want with the measurements. I've had to have risers before, but only 2 inches, not 5, and they said if they cut off the excess then the height is too high for the freewheel. Ughhhh. I can't get the carbon back, cuz insurance doesn't pay for it unless I'm a vet. They're bringing it tomorrow for me to try. Sounds like I gotta accept it with just however much they can tweak it.

Blog Entries
    Did you explain the fit is all jacked up from the backrest eating up several inches?!
    Last edited by Oddity; 07-30-2018 at 07:43 PM.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Here are the pics they sent me today. The back is obviously put on differently. Looks a lot better. Except the effing risers lol. Can they cut the frame below the caster arms and shorten it up some you think??
    Attached Images Attached Images     

IMO this type of back could easily promote skin problems. It prevents you from access to the back part of your seat forcing you to perch on the front. You won't get good weight distribution. If I knew my back was going to be mounted so far in front of my back posts I would order extra seat depth.

The back looks much better. However, I agree with them that you won't be able to use the freewheel if you move the footplate up much more. I'm not sure how its even going to clamp on to the bottom tube anyway with out a footplate down there for the back of the freewheel to hook on to?

The back seems to have a better shape. Obviously they have found a solution to move it back, and may be it can go more ?
    The Freewheel will not work if your footplate is too high, but why not using two footplates ? one underneath for the Freewheel (and I think they can raise this one a little more, by cutting the front tubes, and cutting also the footplate's tube before the curve) and the other above to minimise the riser's heigh... It's not a big deal (I m'not sure to be crystal clear -sorry)
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Blog Entries
    Do you have any written correspondence outlining your desire for the footrest to be both high and Freewheel compatible, that also includes an affirmation that it would be that way/they could do it?
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    The back looks much better. However, I agree with them that you won't be able to use the freewheel if you move the footplate up much more. I'm not sure how its even going to clamp on to the bottom tube anyway with out a footplate down there for the back of the freewheel to hook on to?
    Yep. They flipped the hardware around the "correct" way.

A simple solution could be as straight forward as installing a loop footrest at the bottom, so the Freewheel has something to attach to. It looks like it would fit between the elevated footrest pillar tubes. I'd weld a D loop onto the back of footrest tube and be done with it.