Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Worldwide licensing agreement made on peptide developed in Silver laboratory

"That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

To me this article reads like a business or financial news like a 'Financial Post' or The 'Wallstreet Journal' point of view... not an advancement to the technology.

So the Peptide and its creators got sold out to a biotech corp... youpti-doo-dah... so now the biotech corp owns them. Only time will tell if they'll really move forward to benefit the needed soon or all this is to silence this research and other 'intellectual properties" as a write-off expense for tax purposes.... to continue selling dependant drugs.

So if I understand correctly, the "peptide" intellectual property is now owned by NervGen Pharma and its reserchers now work for them under the corp rules. They must of made millions. It sucks if the researchers may not discuss nor perform anything anymore without the approval of NerveGen. Kinda like selling the soul to the devil...
    Last edited by Moe; 08-15-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Forgive, once again, my foray into the CureForum.

Ouch Moe! lol As much as we want them to happen overnight, they're not going to. Dr Silver has already made impressive strides. In my day (lol), it took fifteen years for an oral drug to reach market from discovery. Others here have now said it takes shorter time than that. He's been open and honest with every step of his research here.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Hey Lynnifer, what really worries me is that this Pharma Biotech corp's got the peptide and its researchers by the balls... they press the buttons now. Of course hopefully its a good thing. Time will tell. But for now I find this news nothing to get excited about.
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

isn't this what is 'supposed' to happen... I mean Jerry is a researcher that discovered the peptide and it's effects In a lab, now he is licensing the technology to a company with capital and resources to take it to the next stage of getting to people..

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    To me this article reads like a business or financial news like a 'Financial Post' or The 'Wallstreet Journal' point of view... not an advancement to the technology.
    That pdf link he posted was simply a patent announcement from their issuance by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office posted on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    isn't this what is 'supposed' to happen... I mean Jerry is a researcher that discovered the peptide and it's effects In a lab, now he is licensing the technology to a company with capital and resources to take it to the next stage of getting to people..
    Yea if I remember right from a couple years ago he said that bringing the trial to patients would be on someone else not him. He didn?t do that. Could have been mistaken though.

If you go to their web site it says their plans are

NervGen?s core technology focuses on the protein tyrosine phosphatase sigma (PTPσ), a key neural receptor that inhibits nerve regeneration resulting in a loss of function in patients with spinal cord injury and other medical conditions. Inhibition of the PTPσ receptor has been shown to promote regeneration of damaged nerves and improvement of nerve function in animal models for various medical conditions. A series of receptor antagonists have been identified including a lead candidate ready for clinical development. NervGen plans to advance the lead candidate into the clinic initially for the treatment of spinal cord injury while exploiting the technology to identify additional therapeutic candidates for other related medical conditions.
    https://www.nervgenpharma.com/about

So hopefully that is what they are planning to do.

The last line of that sounds like every other company with an SCI treatment who needs money to move forward though.

while exploiting the technology to identify additional therapeutic candidates for other related medical conditions
    They all say this to investors to make the opportunity bigger.
    Last edited by niallel; 08-15-2018 at 07:46 PM. Reason: fixed font

I should have read to the bottom of the page, the info we want is there:

NervGen is focusing its efforts on developing ISP for the spinal cord injury and peripheral nerve injury markets through human Phase 1/2a trials to demonstrate safety and efficacy. These are prime targets due to the lack of non-surgical solutions, the dramatic effects on the quality of life, the high costs to the healthcare system and potential FDA Orphan Drug and Fast Track status that would minimize time and maximize support through clinical trials. ISP is in the advanced stages of pre-clinical development with the Company planning IND submission in late 2019 and Phase 1/2a clinical trials beginning in early 2020
    Last edited by niallel; 08-15-2018 at 07:46 PM. Reason: fixed font

UGH...phase 1/2 clinical trial beginning early 2020