Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Worldwide licensing agreement made on peptide developed in Silver laboratory

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You are suggesting that people experiment with drugs that haven't yet been tested in humans. This website/Rutgers cannot be a party to that. If someone were to take your advice and be harmed, Rutgers could be held liable. We will have to write up an official policy.
    Freedom of talking is important, I wish we could get the forum out of Rutgers..
    With all the respect I have for Rutgers and Wise Young.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    NERVGEN PHARMA ANNOUNCES $500,000 PRIVATE PLACEMENT

2019/3/14
    https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/f6f3a...0fab70adc4.pdf

The net proceeds of the private placement will be directed primarily to advancing NervGens leadcompound NVG-291 toward clinical development for the treatment of spinal cord injuries. Additionally,the Company will advance the underlying patented protein tyrosine phosphatase sigma (PTP)inhibitor technology for additional indications of nerve damage.
    Unfortunately, $500,000 is peanuts in this space. Bringing a new drug to market can take more like $50 million+
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Unfortunately, $500,000 is peanuts in this space. Bringing a new drug to market can take more like $50 million+
    That's what I was thinking.

True, this "private placement" goes for SCI specifically. The NVG-291 will be worked for peripheral nerve injury, acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), multiple sclerosis, stroke and Alzheimer's disease. There's lots of other areas of nerve damage where the drug will be tested by other research teams so it may end up utilized in many different indications. The Silver lab team has worked hard to focus on spinal cord injury. There will be a lot more money and work needed to have a drug on the market for any of the nerve damage categories listed. This is a start and it's for spinal cord injury work.

https://www.nervgenpharma.com/news Lists both the $10 million and $500,000 information publications
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 03-19-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Account suspended
    They have funded 10 million CAD

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    You are opening a can of worms Jim. Almost every thread in care has posts with alternative treatments that have worked for the poster, is Care Cure/Rutgers responsible if people follow them? Would a forum disclaimer like the SCI nurses have not be more appropriate rather than trying to moderate every post and warn or ban people? I can't believe that the mods want to read every word posted to police a policy which is what you will need to do if you have one.
    mrb, what y'all are discussing has the potential to be fatal. Subjects die in controlled clinical trials, you guys are discussing dosages of drugs only tested on animals. You can't do it here.

mrb, what y'all are discussing has the potential to be fatal. Subjects die in controlled clinical trials, you guys are discussing dosages of drugs only tested on animals. You can't do it here.
    I'm not discussing drugs I'm trying to pass on experience from when I had my own motorbike forum. Once you implement a policy the onus is on you to police it so you read every word and have to decide if the post is within policy. If you don't some dangerous comments get missed you could easily be considered liable. That applies for the care forum and others. Use a disclaimer and make it clear that you can't be responsible and it is up to the reader to discuss with medical professionals and that they are responsible for their own actions.You need to understand the difference between the 2 and I would suggest taking legal advice to fully clarify things.

I think your confounding the issues of general liability with specific liability of clinical trials that are a unique beast.

I was making the point that clinical trials are strictly controlled, and people still die. These guys are discussing dosages of a drug that hasn't even been tested in humans.

Someone died in the original 4-AP trial.

Account suspended
    I was making the point that clinical trials are strictly controlled, and people still die. These guys are discussing dosages of a drug that hasn't even been tested in humans.

Someone died in the original 4-AP trial.
    Chance I’m willing to take