Thread: Keeping a foley in for too long before a change true or false?

Keeping a foley in for too long before a change true or false?

Hi friends, thks for ur care about my problem first.
    I'm facing attacks of extreme chills for the last two days.These attacks occur at daily evening & are so extreme that I've never gone through such attacks in my twelve yrs. of disability.Urine's clear & irrigation is normal. I've been taking anti depressant Flouxitine 20 mg twice a day for the last three weeks.Plz. tell me what causes might be of these chill attacks.After these chills a light fever occurs with restlessness & mouth dryness.

Quote Originally Posted by amberteresa View Post
    Hi friends, thks for ur care about my problem first.
    I'm facing attacks of extreme chills for the last two days.These attacks occur at daily evening & are so extreme that I've never gone through such attacks in my twelve yrs. of disability.Urine's clear & irrigation is normal. I've been taking anti depressant Flouxitine 20 mg twice a day for the last three weeks.Plz. tell me what causes might be of these chill attacks.After these chills a light fever occurs with restlessness & mouth dryness.
    The literature about Prozac (Fluoxetine) indicates dry mouth can be a side effect. That it may be causing your other symptoms is a matter you should discuss with your medical provider. There may be other, newer, and more effective antidepressants that may be a better choice for your situation.

This is a new medication for you and seems to be causing you discomfort and side effects. Connect with your provider and discuss other options for the reason you have been given this medication prescription.

Simple response: DC that shit and see if chills chill out.
    With regard to foley, get it out before 30'dsys.

Fever

A drug will not produce a fever. An infection will will produce a fever. Get a urine culture done.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

When was your catheter changed last?

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

chills usually means fever which usually means infection! if your foley has been in longer than 30 days it needs to be changed ASAP and you need to be treated for infection!
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009