Thread: Navigating buying new mattress?!

Navigating buying new mattress?!

I need a new mattress and to date I am a fan of pillow tops (firm base but comfy pillow top, excellent pressure relief and cool)
    I know what I want but there are so many and I just don't want to spend a fortune if I can find a great quality mattress that's good for 3-4 years. I sweat a lot so I change mattress about every 3-4 years. I've had Stearns & Foster but the replacement cost is about 3 grand and that's a lot for me.
    Any and all recommendations and input on this 1st world problem, much appreciated

Some years back I tried a bunch of various Mattresses including spending like 3 grand for a Temperpedic which was too hot and I could not move being a high level Para, felt like I was in quick sand. I used that for about a year (wish I'd traded it in within the 30 day trade in deal) and then I switched to a Simmons beauty rest that was 1000 bucks, 4 years later it is holding up very well and very comfortable. As far as sweating I'm using a Bed Jet now and that really helps, I'll write a review on that soon. I got the idea of that from Shark Tank, the guy who makes them is right from around where I live in Newport R.I.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Thanks Curt, I'll take a look at the Simmons!

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Some years back I tried a bunch of various Mattresses including spending like 3 grand for a Temperpedic which was too hot and I could not move being a high level Para, felt like I was in quick sand. I used that for about a year (wish I'd traded it in within the 30 day trade in deal) and then I switched to a Simmons beauty rest that was 1000 bucks, 4 years later it is holding up very well and very comfortable. As far as sweating I'm using a Bed Jet now and that really helps, I'll write a review on that soon. I got the idea of that from Shark Tank, the guy who makes them is right from around where I live in Newport R.I.
    what model of simmons did you use curt
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

https://www.mattressfirm.com/simmons...146827#start=1

It's called the simons beauty rest Recharge. It comes in different softness levels. Mine is the luxury firm. Firm is too stiff, plush to soft for me so the Luxury firm feels just right. You really need to go and lay on different levels of firmness to determine what feels best.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

This is the exact mattress I use. Soft on top but firm enough not to sink. It breathes but I always use a washable mattress cover so the mattress dosen't get even a slight bit of dust, sweat, dirt on it. The mattress still stays cool through it though. It works with an adjustable base as well.

https://www.sleepcountry.ca/kingsdow...ncy-mattress-5

The main thing I care about in a mattress is avoiding pressure sores. I’d be interested in this information.

When I sleep I stay in one position for hours, sometimes on side, so I need to be sure I won’t get a pressure sore. I’ve had good luck with the firmest Tempurpedics (the firmest they make) but they don’t last long, like 12-18 months for me (I’m a pretty big guy who spends most of his time in bed) and the warranty can be a hassle although it’s alwas been honored. They are great at first though, no red marks after sleeping.
    Last edited by xsfxsf; 07-19-2018 at 01:30 AM.