Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lifts for vans

lift

ok guys you are so knowledgable took yours all idea used lift ebay my lif is all electric but evey thing I see has hydraulic pump is that gonna be a toughy

tks

I assume you are talking about a mobile floor based lift, not a ceiling track lift, nor a van lift, right?

Try searching on eBay with the terms "powered patient lift". I found 3 pages of items this way. Not a lot are used though; most are new and not significantly discounted. Be sure you are also checking Craig's List.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

If it's a house lift, Hydraulic is the way to go imo. I had one built 32 years ago and haven't had any problems with it. Haven't had to add fluid or anything. Electric lifts are too slow for me. This one lifts me up the 36" very quickly.
    If they had a van lift with Hydraulics; I'd take it over an electric.

sorry my van

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I assume you are talking about a mobile floor based lift, not a ceiling track lift, nor a van lift, right?

Try searching on eBay with the terms "powered patient lift". I found 3 pages of items this way. Not a lot are used though; most are new and not significantly discounted. Be sure you are also checking Craig's List.

(KLD)
    sorry I thonk but don't type its for my van I just don/t want to spend 8k

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    The Ricon Uni-Lite is a great lift.

Most of the older lifts are easily
    serviced (when you know how to) and in many cases work better than newer lifts.

more of the problems come from people not knowing how to figure out whats wrong and fix the lift properly.

jim

amen I am still trying to convince them to read the dam troubleshooting guide wher it say in testing use the dang button they need to use a test light while I am holding up botton so they can see what is not 12v

but crap why read directions

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Keep it small and simple. Electrical lifts are smaller and simpler than hydraulics. Ricon Uni-Lite is the way to go IMO. I saw one for $700 on eBay.

Another option is to buy an older van for about $3K that has a working lift. That way, you get the lift for less than half price and the van is essentially free. Remove the lift from the van you just bought, install the lift into your van, and then sell the van that you just bought for whatever it costs you to remove and install the lift. Better yet, play your cards right by rebuilding the van and selling it for more so you essentially get the lift for free or close to it.
    I went looking for it could not locate could u copy paste pls