Thread: roho mosaic to replace a roho high profile?

roho mosaic to replace a roho high profile?

I've been using the Roho High Profile for about 20 years or so and never had a pressure sore. However, the quality of the rubber has gotten pretty damn lousy. My first cushion easily lasted a decade with maybe a puncture or two. My last two that I bought each had a dozen patches on them since 2013. I get pinhole leaks on average about every 2 months. As expensive as they are ($369), they only seem to last about two years, which is a total rip-off! I was thinking about buying the Roho Mosaic which can be found new on Ebay for $75. Even if they are made of the same shitty rubber as the high profile, I can afford to buy the Mosaic every 6 months if I have to, and it would still be cheaper than the High Profile. My only worry is that the Mosaic is only 3" high vs the 4" of the Roho High Profile. I'm just wondering if I would be sacrificing a lot protection giving up that one inch height difference.

I'd love to hear the opinions of people who have used the Roho Mosaic? Is it good or bad?

I use a low profile so I can't make a useful comment about the height of the Mosaic vs a high profile. But I can tell you that the lesser cell count gives it different feel and support. The higher cell count conforms better to your body. I bought the mosaic for swimming. I wouldn't use it full time.

I have never used a ROHO Mosaic.
    Used single compartment(sp?) ROHO for a few years. Then had some rear surgery and surgeon gave Rx for ROHO Quadtro Select and been using those since about 1999/2000. Last time I got new chair with seating I ask about a different ROHO cushion that I thought help with thigh roll-out. They said not a good idea to change cushions. Not just ROHO but any cushion after history of what you sitting on has been working you don't want risk your skin. Hence I still sitting on ROHO Quadtro Select IMHO they are worth the cost and I sticking with thigh guards, I don't want to deal with strap.
    I hope you have insurance that will help with cost. If not I knowon TV news here a while back they have places like in city that helps provide equipment with no or under-insured people with equipment. Maybe your area has one of those places.
    Or might check your state Assistive Tech Project. One here has loan closelet and a DME re-sale site.

Hi fasdude, you should obviously be getting longer usage out of your ROHO cushion than 2 years. And if you get a leak in your High Profile cushion within the first 2 years of ownership, we can repair / replace it under our warranty program (note - warranty on the QUADTRO SELECT series is 3 years).

Please contact me directly so I can arrange to get your cushions back to ROHO for evaluation. I will also check to see if we can cover a replacement High Profile under warranty, based on the age of your newest cushion. Since the High Profile has worked for you by protecting your skin for 20 years, I would not suggest a move to the Mosaic Cushion. While it is a good cushion, it is made from a different material and has a significantly different cell design than that of the High Profile.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO / Permobil
    tom.Borcherding@permobil.com

Hi Tom. I only have one cushion that I trust to prevent pressure sores. I use a Varilite for when I am repairing my Rohos but I don't trust sitting on it for extended periods of time. I would have to buy another cushion to send you my Roho(s). I may still have the Roho Quadro Select that had even more patches on it than the one I'm sitting on right now. Also, I never send in those Registration Warranty Cards for anything that I buy. Is there a serial number on the cushion that could identify my cushions without me having sent in those warranty cards? I could send you pictures after work if that would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Borcherding View Post
    Hi fasdude, you should obviously be getting longer usage out of your ROHO cushion than 2 years. And if you get a leak in your High Profile cushion within the first 2 years of ownership, we can repair / replace it under our warranty program (note - warranty on the QUADTRO SELECT series is 3 years).

Please contact me directly so I can arrange to get your cushions back to ROHO for evaluation. I will also check to see if we can cover a replacement High Profile under warranty, based on the age of your newest cushion. Since the High Profile has worked for you by protecting your skin for 20 years, I would not suggest a move to the Mosaic Cushion. While it is a good cushion, it is made from a different material and has a significantly different cell design than that of the High Profile.

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO / Permobil

Also, I live in Canada but about an hour's drive from the border. However, the places I bought from had policies that I could not return the cushion. I still went ahead with the purchase because Rohos cost upwards of $600+15% sales tax here in Canada. Even with the sucky exchange rate and the PITA of having to drive to the border to pick up my shipment, I was still way ahead moneywise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Borcherding View Post

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO / Permobil