Thread: Medical Marijuana: Attitudes, Knowledge, and Experiences of Individuals with SCI

Medical Marijuana: Attitudes, Knowledge, and Experiences of Individuals with SCI

We have been asked to post this:

Hello, my name is Dr. Mike Stillman. I am a primary care doctor from Thomas Jefferson University but work a great deal with individuals with spinal cord injuries.

We are conducting a research study that consists of asking you questions about medical marijuana. We estimate that this survey will take about 10-15 minutes of your time to complete, and we would be deeply grateful to you for helping us with it.

As you may know, medical marijuana has been legalized in a number of states. There are some data showing that it is beneficial in people with chronic neurological disorders, but it is very much under-studied in people living with spinal cord injuries. Our ultimate goal is to run a trial looking at medical marijuana?s potential effects on a number of complications of spinal cord injury, but our first goal is to understand attitudes toward, knowledge of, and usage patterns of medical marijuana among people living with injuries. This will help us better understand how receptive people with spinal cord injuries may be to using medical marijuana. It will also help us tailor educational efforts around prescribing medical marijuana.

Your participation in this study is entirely voluntary and you can refuse to participate or stop your participation at any time. The survey will ask questions about your history of marijuana (and other substance) use, if any. It will also assess how much you know about marijuana and your attitudes toward its use. The survey ends with basic information about you, but none of it is identifying. That is, it is impossible for us to tell who has filled out this survey based on the information we are collecting. And, if any question makes you feel uncomfortable, you don?t have to answer it.

I also want to assure you that any information you provide today will remain strictly confidential. Any data we collect from this study and are able to publish will reflect an entire group?s responses. Your individual answers will never be singled out.

Before we get started, I would like to tell you that if you have questions about this research, you can reach me at Michael.Stillman@jefferson.edu. Also, if you have questions about your rights as a research participant, you can contact the Thomas Jefferson University Office of Human Research at 215-503-8966.

Link to study survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VFLSRRN.

Northwest Regional Spinal Cord Injury System
    Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
    University of Washington, Box 356490, Seattle, WA 98195
    Phone: 206-616-2183; Fax: 206-685-3244; Email: nwrscis@uw.edu

great survey
    Last edited by Jim; 07-12-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Done.