Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ti-lite scissor locks

ti-lite scissor locks

I'm looking for a cheap place too buy these. This will be my second pair. The springs break and rivets joints get larger causing them to unlock randomly. Time for another set not worth trying to repair.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    They had the best price I could find.

I'm on my third pair, but insurance pays to repair.. .I just need a standby pair till insurance finally comes and repairs them.

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    The springs break and rivets joints get larger causing them to unlock randomly. Time for another set not worth trying to repair.
    Well for a temporary repair that works, try this:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ot-repair-quot
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Thanks for the info.... The crap design in which the rivets holes oval out and cause the locks to pop without notice has actually cause me to fall out of my chair once. I really wish Ti-lite would design these with maybe a metal sleeve to prevent the plastic from wearing out causing this issue. Also the springs breaking is really a joke. Thats just cheap material.

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    Thanks for the info.... The crap design in which the rivets holes oval out and cause the locks to pop without notice has actually cause me to fall out of my chair once. I really wish Ti-lite would design these with maybe a metal sleeve to prevent the plastic from wearing out causing this issue. Also the springs breaking is really a joke. Thats just cheap material.
    A health and safety issue, so sue them??
    They are a good functioning design but I agree, a crap build. A nice earner for them though.

Get Ds lock brakes. You'll never look back

i was on my second pair when i got my new chair a month and a half ago. but the pros outweigh the cons for me so i got them on my new chair also. 1st pair lasted almost 5 years so i can't complain. only got the second pair the last year i had my old chair.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

I love my scissor brakes. Last year the spring broke on one of them after about 6 years. The lock still works and I was put off at the price of a new brake, or using a rubber band.
    To my surprise while going through my TiLite Owner's Manual I checked out scissor brakes and wow, it stated 'scissor brakes can be operated without the spring, still safely holding the wheel', etc.

I agree with with Smashms pros outweigh the cons and I can't afford D locks. Triumph yes I am using my old brakes with broken springs until the brakes start opening at will.

This time I might try and fix the old ones and keep as a spare. Honestly if Tilite would have made these out of aluminum they would weigh the same but the margin to produce these would not have been as huge as these cheap plastic ones.