Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Montana/Wyoming road trip

Another option might be to drive the Beartooth Highway. I have never done this myself, but a friend did and raved about the spectacular views from the road:

http://beartoothhighway.com/wild-beartooth/

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thanks for the recommendation. The site suggests 3 hours one way,so that'd be tough to return to a home base (6 hours in one day), so would it be better to go one-way, stay elsewhere, or turn around at some point? The videos look beautiful.
    Last edited by landrover; 07-15-2018 at 07:03 AM.

Anyone with knowledge know if Canyon Lodge in Yellowstone is a good base for exploring Yellowstone for several days, and Spring Hill Suites in Jackson Hole for Grand Teton? Both have suites with roll-out sofas that I imagine would work with my lift, just would need to verify clearance AROUND the sofa bed. I'm still thinking of the first full week in September, or the week prior.
    Last edited by landrover; 07-15-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Ugh...I just spoke with Canyon Lodge. The reservation rep was so helpful, but in the end, the beds are an issue. She spoke with housekeeping/maintenance, who confirmed platform beds. And there was concern about the space around the sofa bed. Frustrating.

Update: After hanging up, I then thought to ask how much distance there was between wall and bed, other then 'tight fit'. I spoke with the manager, who said things could be moved if need be. He is supposed to send me pics. I did make a tentative reservation for August 24th-Sept 2, and can cancel/modify w/o penalty up to 30 days out. I know I won't be staying there the whole time, or know yet without seeing the pics if it'll work, but at least I have a room in park reserved. I did have to upgrade to a suite for the foldout couch, which unfortunately costs twice as much, but oh well.
    Last edited by landrover; 07-15-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Contemplating 2 lodging locations, one in West Yellowstone, the other inside the park (Canyon Lodge). The one in West Yellowstone is newer, looks nicer. Would i be missing out/wasting more time by lodging in W. Yellowstone vs. lodging in the park?

If you do decide to go to Glacier you have to do the road to the Sun. You said you wanted to see snow and at the top of the road there was snow there at the visitor center in mid July. I was not that all impressed with Grand Teton but to each their own.

I will not be going to Glacier this trip.

If you want snow, it snowed on me in July when I crossed the Beartooth Hwy. The views are amazing!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Thanks! I'm not so much looking to see snow, other then snow-capped mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Thanks! I'm not so much looking to see snow, other then snow-capped mountains.
    You'll see plenty on Beartooth. Take your binocs.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein