Thread: omega trac

omega trac

I've been using an omega trac wheelchair for 18 years. In fact I have 3 of them 1 Iam in now, and other 2 for parts.They don't make this chair anymore and I need to order new 1 this year. Was wondering if any one else has found a suitable replacement for a rugged power chair. Thanks

The only chair that comes to my mind, for off the shelf chairs, is Bounder: http://www.wheelchairs.com/products.htm

I have heard of Omega Trac, read some on forums about them and saw a very small seated one at DME that had ordered it for a small adult that lived on a farm. So, never had chance to Demo one.
    I've had 2 H-Frame Bounders and both were great chairs. Built for the long term use and solid hence they weight a good bit, especially with Group 27 batteries. Have admit I had turned over a different brand chair before my firt H-Frame. So, I went with heavy duty upgrades out of my safety concerns. I don't remember if I went to 750 or 1K upgrade but that made difference in weight of chair and material used to buit them.
    Not only is frame built solid but so is the seating power systems and they last, too!
    I doubt this would be a draw back since you been working on your Omega Trac but service around here seemed no one knew much about them. My DME at the time was very great and ordered what you wanted but he had never heard of them beforehand.
    Only one knew much on them was a older gentleman that worked at lift shop and he has since retired and moved away.
    One H-Frame had control modular go out and DME said cheaper replace chair than fix, it was about 10 to 12 years old. Other one had messed up toggle box and wiring, had short caused some problems with all seating components: Tilt, recline and one legrest actuator. It was about 7 years old so replace instead of repair.
    Like above that's only one I know of that comes close to what read about Omega Trac.
    "Good Luck!"

thanks

I have been using Omega tracs for past 20 years also. I love them. I demoed a v6 all terrain couple weeks ago and i really liked it.