Thread: flaky skin

flaky skin

never had it till now my legs are shedding skin like crazy and I put lotion on them dayly vasealine intensive care is what I use

any idea? or a better lotion

Dehydration.? Your whole body is flaking or just areas? Vitamin C and E intake?
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

NL uses the CeraVe line of products for dry skin, especially the cream in a jar. Slather on after a bath and allow to absorb before dressing. For lighter moisturizing the CeraVe lotion for dry skin in a pump bottle works great.

As noted by the SCI nurse, above, some health issues have dry skin as a symptom. Have you had a general physical lately.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Dehydration.? Your whole body is flaking or just areas? Vitamin C and E intake?
    CWO

I don/t think so I drink a lot and do the pinch test if in doubt I drink a lot of lemon water love it

vitiams have not taken I years but you suggest a vitiam on my being tire so getting a good multi vitian tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    NL uses the CeraVe line of products for dry skin, especially the cream in a jar. Slather on after a bath and allow to absorb before dressing. For lighter moisturizing the CeraVe lotion for dry skin in a pump bottle works great.

As noted by the SCI nurse, above, some health issues have dry skin as a symptom. Have you had a general physical lately.
    no o general physical I don/t have a dr here evey month I call all 5 dr no one taking new patients

That happens. I know my PCP quit taking new patients years ago. But there were others in her practice who were younger, newer and they were taking new patients.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.