Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Its got VTEC Bro

Cool vid! It looked like a lot of fun. I'm so jealous about the exhaust note. The TTS is simply too quiet and civilised. The car I had before it was a different story. It was a 2008 VW R32--nicknamed "the wookie" because people thought the exhaust sounded like Chewbacca from Star Wars. When my brother opened it up on the highway during our test drive and I heard that beautiful music, I was sold. When he let off and the throttle the exhaust was spitting and popping like exotics do, he looks over at me and I had a smile from ear to ear. That car wasn't as fast as this one but it had one of the best sounding exhausts from the factory that I've ever heard.
    Last edited by fasdude; 07-25-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fasdude View Post
    I'm so jealous about the exhaust note.
    Heh, I'm wondering how Chrysler got the thing to be EPA certified as to noise. But I guess it's 'quiet' just at the specific testing criteria, lol. Anyway, there's 2 of these flapper doors in the exhaust which close to quiet things down. In sport and race modes the computer leaves them open more often to get even louder all the time, with popping effects too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah my car has that too in the muffler, but it's still too quiet and doesn't sound mean at all even in sport mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I went to gas up the ride for the week, and figured I'd get some impressive video for the virtual racing thing. Only thing was...it didn't seem all that impressive. This was rather odd as think the gas station I got gas from said it had "Invigorate" in it for extra performance...or was that the other place, I don't know...had to pick up some Kerosene also. Hey, wait a minute, did I....

Ok, so even after turning the AC off and turning up the radio real loud as seen in more impressive street racing videos, and my video still sucking, I stopped by the local tuner shop. This place has to be really good, as they manage to install 155 section tires on 12" wide rims...that takes some skill! They said that installing 2 NOS's, an 8 inch exhaust tip, and a Type R sticker should really wake up the Challenger. They offered to take a torch to the springs to give it a better 'stance', but I declined as I still like to have a cushy ride.

Anyway...here's the 'before' video of the Challenger, I cant wait till I get it hopped up by the tuner shop!

And of course you took the footage while in Mexico.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by fasdude View Post
    Cool vid! It looked like a lot of fun. I'm so jealous about the exhaust note. The TTS is simply too quiet and civilised. The car I had before it was a different story. It was a 2008 VW R32--nicknamed "the wookie" because people thought the exhaust sounded like Chewbacca from Star Wars. When my brother opened it up on the highway during our test drive and I heard that beautiful music, I was sold. When he let off and the throttle the exhaust was spitting and popping like exotics do, he looks over at me and I had a smile from ear to ear. That car wasn't as fast as this one but it had one of the best sounding exhausts from the factory that I've ever heard.
    The best sounding exhaust I've heard came out the Abarth muffler from the LCB header of my much modified 1965 Austin Cooper "S"!
    At 7500rpm, WOT, it was sublime!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ