Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its got VTEC Bro

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    A little tale of my new winter/salt season ride, and dumb luck...

My first Japanese car...278hp V6 VTEC power bro! Gonna get Type R, TRD, and Nismo stickers on it for +50hp soon!
    Did you ever get your stickers for that much needed HP boost? Might as well rice the hell out of it.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    You and Andy should get together and conquer the world!
    Ha! It's a 2010 Audi TTS with Quattro AWD and about 50K miles on the odometer. It uses a small 2.0L 4 cylinder engine with a big ass turbo that produces a stock 265hp and 258ft/lbs of torque. The previous owner added a stage 1 ECU and DSG transmission flash plus I added a few minor power adders that put the drivetrain at just over 300 for both horsepower and torque. The frame and body panels are made of high strength aluminium which won't rust out and it helps the car remain nimble by weighing in at a mere 3150lbs. That's pretty good for an AWD vehicle. If you can put up with a 1 second delay until the turbo reaches full boost the car really does go like a scared rabbit. (Stock 0-60mph time is 4.9 seconds.) Even with the low ride height and ground clearance, it's surprisingly good in the snow and a comfortable, fun car to drive in any season.

Notwithstanding, I'd be interested in seeing what it could do against that hemi powered challenger.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fasdude View Post
    Ha! It's a 2010 Audi TTS with Quattro AWD and about 50K miles on the odometer. It uses a small 2.0L 4 cylinder engine with a big ass turbo that produces a stock 265hp and 258ft/lbs of torque. The previous owner added a stage 1 ECU and DSG transmission flash plus I added a few minor power adders that put the drivetrain at just over 300 for both horsepower and torque. The frame and body panels are made of high strength aluminium which won't rust out and it helps the car remain nimble by weighing in at a mere 3150lbs. That's pretty good for an AWD vehicle. If you can put up with a 1 second delay until the turbo reaches full boost the car really does go like a scared rabbit. (Stock 0-60mph time is 4.9 seconds.) Even with the low ride height and ground clearance, it's surprisingly good in the snow and a comfortable, fun car to drive in any season.

Notwithstanding, I'd be interested in seeing what it could do against that hemi powered challenger.
    Has the gauntlet been thrown? I’ll take you in the snow but I don’t know about dry pavement. I know Andy has you if you’re racing through any lights!

Cool Whip Bro! Driving a car you love makes a huge difference especially if you are a car guy like me! Here is what I drive and plow my driveway with in the winter.
    Haha, cool! Maybe Audi should change the Quattro to "PlowTruck", lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Did you ever get your stickers for that much needed HP boost? Might as well rice the hell out of it.
    I did one better. Home Depot had a sale on nice woodgrain paneling, and shelving brackets. Time to put that jigsaw to use making some killer aero mods...

I haven't really played Ricky Racer too much with it. Quite traction limited with only 275 section tires, and all-season at that. But the high score function says 4.5 second 0-60 best so far (traction issues again). And I'll just leave the photo below for a judgement of the size of my balls, lol. Cars take sooooo long to generate speed, bikes, that's another story . I still have 50 to go to match Chrysler's claims about the car...

Has the gauntlet been thrown? I?ll take you in the snow but I don?t know about dry pavement. I know Andy has you if you?re racing through any lights!
    Let's have a virtual dragstrip/race course. Get the GoPro's fired up...automatic win to the guy that gets hauled into jail!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is a nice ride! I've been eyeing the new Accord's. IMO Honda makes some of the best most reliable vehicles on the market. I've owned a lot of their stuff. At the moment I have a Pilot that I've driven all over the country and a CB750K that I'm going to turn into a race bike.

I went to gas up the ride for the week, and figured I'd get some impressive video for the virtual racing thing. Only thing was...it didn't seem all that impressive. This was rather odd as think the gas station I got gas from said it had "Invigorate" in it for extra performance...or was that the other place, I don't know...had to pick up some Kerosene also. Hey, wait a minute, did I....

Ok, so even after turning the AC off and turning up the radio real loud as seen in more impressive street racing videos, and my video still sucking, I stopped by the local tuner shop. This place has to be really good, as they manage to install 155 section tires on 12" wide rims...that takes some skill! They said that installing 2 NOS's, an 8 inch exhaust tip, and a Type R sticker should really wake up the Challenger. They offered to take a torch to the springs to give it a better 'stance', but I declined as I still like to have a cushy ride.

Anyway...here's the 'before' video of the Challenger, I cant wait till I get it hopped up by the tuner shop!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I went to gas up the ride for the week, and figured I'd get some impressive video for the virtual racing thing. Only thing was...it didn't seem all that impressive. This was rather odd as think the gas station I got gas from said it had "Invigorate" in it for extra performance...or was that the other place, I don't know...had to pick up some Kerosene also. Hey, wait a minute, did I....

Ok, so even after turning the AC off and turning up the radio real loud as seen in more impressive street racing videos, and my video still sucking, I stopped by the local tuner shop. This place has to be really good, as they manage to install 155 section tires on 12" wide rims...that takes some skill! They said that installing 2 NOS's, an 8 inch exhaust tip, and a Type R sticker should really wake up the Challenger. They offered to take a torch to the springs to give it a better 'stance', but I declined as I still like to have a cushy ride.

Anyway...here's the 'before' video of the Challenger, I cant wait till I get it hopped up by the tuner shop!

I’m driving a SHO Taurus around since a salesman retired. It’s all wheel drive so no slip but I don’t think it would spin on dry pavement even if it was rear wheel drive.

I’m driving a SHO Taurus around since a salesman retired. It’s all wheel drive so no slip but I don’t think it would spin on dry pavement even if it was rear wheel drive.
    Right! Because it's an understeering pig.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Those SHO's are rather interesting, 0-60's in the low 5 seconds range, and all wheel drive. Downsides...it's f'in 4 doors, arrgh. And supposedly not too roomy inside. I was thinking about the cheapskate winter heap route of getting an old cop Taurus with the 3.5 Ecoboost option, but reading up on those kind of killed that for me. And the possibility of direct injection intake crud fun. And 4 doors, lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Right! Because it's an understeering pig.
    My S350 feels almost sporty by comparison.