Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone mount LED light to their 'chair?

Anyone mount LED light to their 'chair?

Has anyone mounted a bicycle LED light to their manual 'chair for dark night mobility?

One evening leaving my building it was so dark outside I could not see the ramp to the parking lot where my van was parked. I had to use my cell phone light to find the ramp. I reported this to my supervisor the next day and they spent $4k on lighting the entrance and front parking lot with bright LED lights.

At one time I had a small piece of velcro on the side of my 'chair and when I needed light I carried a 2AA cell Maglite with velcro on it to give me light.

Has anyone mounted a LED bicycle light or LED flashlight to their 'chair?

Can you show pictures of how you mounted it, manufacturer and model number of light?

Thanks!

Ti
    Last edited by titanium4motion; 07-07-2018 at 10:17 PM. Reason: KLD comment below.
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

I have these on my chair: https://www.quantumrehab.com/about-u...d=160606155605

I love them and use them more than I thought I would.

I think Ti is looking for something he can use on a manual chair. Lots of power chairs have head-light options.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    I run any old LED flashlight in a rotating swivel mount intended for mountain bikes. Running a Fenix PD32 in it right now, but I swap it around. I found the mount on Amazon, not sure of make or model. It can rotate around the frame tube as well as swivel perpendicular to it, so it's handy to use. Not the prettiest contraption but I do swivel it under the frame when not in use. Mount and light together weigh ~9oz.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Running a Fenix PD32 in it right now,
    I like Fenix...good stuff

My son uses these. They can be installed on either horizontal or vertical parts of your chair. Add virtually no weight.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Skully-LED-Bi...689/bn_7275273
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

I currently do not have any mounted to my chair but if I were going to I would use these to mount them. I use them on my attachment for mounting flashlight and other things as well. I really like that flashlight I have tried cheaper ones but this one was on sale when I got it and I really like it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I like Fenix...good stuff
    Yep! 4Sevens and Fenix are my go-to sources for portable, powerful, illumination. I run a Surefire on a rifle, for the purported durability, by I'm not sold. They're too costly. Been trialing an Inforce APL-C on my EDC handgun for 6mos and I like it. Might transition to them for my rifles too. I've been rotating the same 3-4 handhelds in these mounts across my 3 chairs for 4-5 years and I've never been let down. That mount is a good damper for chair vibrations. It has some wiggle (not rattle) so the mounted light doesn't get shaken to death. I use it daily. Or, nightly, rather.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Yep! 4Sevens and Fenix are my go-to sources for portable, powerful, illumination. I run a Surefire on a rifle, for the purported durability, by I'm not sold. They're too costly. Been trialing an Inforce APL-C on my EDC handgun for 6mos and I like it. Might transition to them for my rifles too. I've been rotating the same 3-4 handhelds in these mounts across my 3 chairs for 4-5 years and I've never been let down. That mount is a good damper for chair vibrations. It has some wiggle (not rattle) so the mounted light doesn't get shaken to death. I use it daily. Or, nightly, rather.
    I live in a perpetual glow of sodium vapors, so my usage is less frequent (although they are converting to LED...I wish they'd convert to none, but we have certain unsavory demographics which allegedly are repelled by light waves, lol). But when I do use a flashlight, it's a Fenix LD41. Nice size, and output, and I like the battery format. Of course it has Eneloop Pro batteries to allow for full lumen output/run time.

And when I really want to see things...Maxabeam! I have a tripod lug on the battery pack...think it might be overkill to attach to a wheelchair?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    Has anyone mounted a bicycle LED light to their manual 'chair for dark night mobility?

One evening leaving my building it was so dark outside I could not see the ramp to the parking lot where my van was parked. I had to use my cell phone light to find the ramp. I reported this to my supervisor the next day and they spent $4k on lighting the entrance and front parking lot with bright LED lights.

At one time I had a small piece of velcro on the side of my 'chair and when I needed light I carried a 2AA cell Maglite with velcro on it to give me light.

Has anyone mounted a LED bicycle light or LED flashlight to their 'chair?

Can you show pictures of how you mounted it, manufacturer and model number of light?

Thanks!

Ti
    There are so many options to mount them and get rechargeable and most of on off buttons that can me mount very easy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-x-CREE-XM...oAAOSwrhBZCCij

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Brigh...QAAOSwubFaYWIF