Thread: Stomach/bowel

Stomach/bowel

Recently I've been having some issues that has been throwing my bowel program off schedule. I've been to a gastroentrologist, though he wants to rule everything out before doing anything invasive like a colonoscopy or endoscopy. I was recently in the hospital and they did a cat scan and found nothing irregular other than a bladder inflammation which i was treated for... maybe? They gave me antibiotics for a uti and i stayed for 4 days because my blood pressure was low... Regardless I was also wondering if my stomach possibly shrank? or is it possible my body may be processing food faster?
    Anyone else experience stomach issues? Any ideas from the professionals?

As of now I'm just paying close attention to what my body is "telling" me and doing a b-program accordingly while trying to remain on my normal schedule.

Can you be more specific about "some issues that has (have) been throwing my bowel program off..." Are you having diarrhea? Have you been tested for C.Diff known as Clostridium difficile, a highly contagious intestinal bacterial infection, that is frequently acquired during hospital stays?

When you were in the hospital, did you have a urinalysis (UA) and a culture & sensitivity(C&S) to determine if you had a urinary tract infection and which bacteria was causing the infection? Were you on a 10 to 14 day course of antibiotics for the infection? Were you retested with a UA and C&S to determine if the infection was cured?

Any time you have a course of antibiotics it has the potential to Ayer your bowel habits. You’re killing off a fair bit of the good bacteria that digest the food.

they had me on a 7day antibiotic treatment. they only kept me in the hospital because of my low bp.
    the stomach issues... when they first started i felt full without having eaten anything. then i started feeling like i was backed up. now it's a lot of stomach aches.

Did they do a KUB to see if you were full? What is your normal bowel program? What worked before can stop working as well and sometimes a change is needed . i.e. magic bullet taking to long. try Enemeez instead. Also gallstones etc.. can make you feel bloated and manu other things.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Only did a cat scan and nothing irregular with my bowels. Normally do a program 3times a week. Have been doing a 4th depending how my stomach "feels". no change in time using magic bullets. may look into gallstones.

Try probiotics.