Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery cost and replacement with NuMotion

Battery cost and replacement with NuMotion

Hoping somebody might now the answer...

CMS/Medicare approves $328 for 2 batteries for power chair replacement, customer pays 20% of roughly $65.

Wondering if anyone know what DME like NuMotion still bills know the max they will get is $328 why they bill at MSRP of $900 plus?

Perhaps you pay 20% of the billed amount of 900.00. I don't think it's what they receive but the amount they bill. I trust a dme will clear it up.

I ain't bright person and I know it.
    But the way I understand the way it goes is if a DME accepts Medicare Assignment then you only pay 20% of allowed price, if you have already met your deductible. If you have a MedGap policy that covers durable medical equipment you may have no out of pocket.
    Last time tried DME they suggested we buy our own batteries out-of-pocket because they didn't make enough to cover their cost.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    I ain't bright person and I know it.
    But the way I understand the way it goes is if a DME accepts Medicare Assignment then you only pay 20% of allowed price, if you have already met your deductible. If you have a MedGap policy that covers durable medical equipment you may have no out of pocket.
    Last time tried DME they suggested we buy our own batteries out-of-pocket because they didn't make enough to cover their cost.
    Oh no way if a DME told me that...I could careless about their profit!

But my point is I got the batteries in Dec and I understand I pay my 20% which is $65 but what I dont get is why a DME would bill $900 plus knowing they are only getting $328

NuMotion is being shady I just haven't figure how yet...

Please dont ever pay cash for batteries always fund them and change them once a year!

NuMotion probably charges by the hour. Since it often takes them an eternity to do anything...

Tax write-off on 'losses'

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Most likely you are correct.
    However, I also doubt that DME does not make a profit on Medicare Allowable charges, too. Like a triple winn, profit on allowable amount, profit on 20% co-payment and benefit from tax write-off at an ever greater amount, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    NuMotion probably charges by the hour. Since it often takes them an eternity to do anything...
    Again, I know I ain't bright person but think "Service Charge" with minimum 1 hr is charged on everything now-a-days.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Oh no way if a DME told me that...I could careless about their profit!

But my point is I got the batteries in Dec and I understand I pay my 20% which is $65 but what I dont get is why a DME would bill $900 plus knowing they are only getting $328

NuMotion is being shady I just haven't figure how yet...

Please dont ever pay cash for batteries always fund them and change them once a year!
    Like posted, I ain't bright.
    Original DME we got last covered equipment from sold to national company and tried them but gave up on them.
    But around here it's still old way of if DME don't sell you equipment they won't touch it under Medicare, most times not even out-of-pocket parts.
    Last batteries we got was bought through SpinLife shipped to our home and neighbor came over on off day to install.
    My wife's daily chair finally making to much of mess leaking and both of us didn't want hunt for new DME so we bought a used one off OfferUp. Changed out cushion and back with old chair and been doing OK, so far.(knock wood)
    "Good Luck" with figuring out your DME.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    That makes sense too!