Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does everyone carry daily?

What does everyone carry daily?

I was curious about the everyday carries of other wheelchair users. I personally use a back pack and carry Germ X wipes, Advil, wallet, planner, wheel tubes, co2 cartridges, gloves, and always an extra set of clothes. What does everyone else carry daily?

I carry a backpack with ICs, extra pants, wallet, keys, hanging handicapped tag for riding with others (since I have plates on my van), playing cards, and all the medication I might need (pain meds, imodium, spasm meds).

Just an Invacare pouch under my seat with 3 extra catheters and lube packets along with three extra colostomy bags each wrapped with two paper towels placed inside seperate disposable bags. Along with my wallet and phone. Perhaps there are still a couple of hex wrenches.

If you carry extra tubes and Co2 cartridges, I trust you also carry a couple tire wrenches to take the tire off the wheel to change the tube.

Yes I also carry the tire wrenches and an air gauge. I have been considering an under the chair bag but I wasn't sure if i would like it. Do you like yours?

Pouch hangs under armrest with med holders as pulls. The med holders has enough of my oral meds for at least 3 days. Keep printed lists in one zippered pocket of pouch with of all diagnoses, meds, hardware inside me and list of doctors I see. Another zippered pocket keep checkbook, $20 cash and inhaler.
    Backpack on back of chair with hygiene products, hand cleaner, set of PJ's, compression socks, change of clothes and various items.
    Phone I keep on waistband holder, wallet in shirt pocket and MedAlert necklace with brief medical problems list also a nitro tab holder.

Question, I don't carry any insulin on my chair but wonder if anyone does? If so do you worry about heat?
    In my younger and better shaped years I kept insulin in vehicle but took inside when at home.

Under seat pouch with:
    - Two large IC ziplocks each with 70% alcohol hand sanitizer, BZK wipes and 3x compact speedy caths. I'd never use six in a normal outing, but I might forget to re-up. Call is my kanban system.
    - diazepam and tramadol - I almost never take either, but the times I've needed something it's usually urgent.
    - car key (remote, never comes out), wallet and those glasses I'm not wearing

I don't carry a change of clothes. There's no way I could clean up and change my clothes at my office or any restaurant, etc. I can undress on a well-grab-bar'd toilet but dressing is way harder. I suppose I could request a pt mat as an accommodation

No CO2 or tubes. Considering putting some goo in them or making a set of tubeless wheel, cyclocross style, with liquid sealant and no tube. Not sure what's available in WC wheel sizes as far as tubeless rims and tires.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

When going out with my mother (who had tetraplegia due to MS and used a power chair) we carried her intermittent cath supplies (wipes, catheters, gloves, and a leg bag), cell phone, and her wallet in a underseat bag, and in her backpack, her med-minder box, extra incontinence pads, sun glasses, a jacket, plastic bendy straws, a custom made bib for meals, a gait belt, and her e-reader. No keys because she didn't drive, and we had a combination lock for the front door of the house.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Question, I don't carry any insulin on my chair but wonder if anyone does? If so do you worry about heat? In my younger and better shaped years I kept insulin in vehicle but took inside when at home.
    You can get special cases for holding your insulin pens or vials that include a blue ice pack to keep them cool. Here are some examples:

https://www.totaldiabetessupply.com/...nsulin-coolers

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I carry a few closed system cath kits, tubes and c02 though I am out right now, have not had a flat in some time now. Tools in a tool bag that hangs from the rigidizer bar on the back of my chair money clip a couple of blue tooth speakers and my phone. I have a catch-all under my chair that attaches to the frame. No clothes. I use an attachment as a mode of transportation for the most part. I drive when I have too.

I would recommend not keeping your wallet or valuables in a bag that hangs from the back of your chair. I have seen several people robbed; mostly when waiting in line in a crowd or at a concert where you don't really notice someone touching the back of your chair.

(KLD)