Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Opioids being taken away so pain will soon be back...

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Yes online. Got some from China, but they were the wrong kind.
    But found a great source in the USA.
    1.5 inch diameter heads.
    It's so funny we are talking about two different plants, lol
    But you can get the other kind of seeds on line as well. But most people out here in legal states, like Oregon, use clones.
    I'm sure I know which plant, had them for decades, self seeding, prolific. I tried harvesting once, but mine never had heads over an inch. Had...now I cannot grow them. For some reason the plants that volunteer disappear without a trace, no leaves, no root, no nothing.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I'm sure I know which plant, had them for decades, self seeding, prolific. I tried harvesting once, but mine never had heads over an inch. Had...now I cannot grow them. For some reason the plants that volunteer disappear without a trace, no leaves, no root, no nothing.
    Sounds like you have bugs eating them. Smaller heads are find, and work just as well.
    Dry the plant, stems and heads. Them make some tea, out of it.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Sounds like you have bugs eating them. Smaller heads are find, and work just as well.
    Dry the plant, stems and heads. Them make some tea, out of it.
    Not bugs, I am positive the reason I cannot grow these flowers anymore is because of the two legged rats.

I didn't know the whole plant was useful. I thought you were supposed to just use ripe bud but differently. Don't know, never got there.
    Last edited by nonoise; 09-28-2019 at 05:43 PM. Reason: a bit of caution
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Not bugs, I am positive the reason I cannot grow these flowers anymore is because of the two legged rats.

I didn't know the whole plant was useful. I thought you were supposed to just use ripe bud but differently. Don't know, never got there.
    Sounds like you need some rat traps. Do you grow food as well?
    Yes it's the latex your after, which is the sap of the plant, so it's all through it.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Sounds like you need some rat traps. Do you grow food as well?
    Yes it's the latex your after, which is the sap of the plant, so it's all through it.
    Can't make a trap big enough for two legged rats.
    We grow raspberries, blue berries, grapes and apples, no problems, just those pretty flowers that disappear.
    So if the sap is in the root, that would explain why they take it too, because at the time of the year the plants vanish, is too late for transplanting. Personally I would not trust the root.