Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opioids being taken away so pain will soon be back...

Quote Originally Posted by nauticalmike View Post
    Well my doctor informed me that they are going to be taking away the pain medication that has been making my life better. So because of this my guess is that i will be committing suicide in the next few months because I am not going back to the constant pain and misery that I experience without them. I guess first I will probably break the law and try to find them illegally, and then once I can't do that I will just end it. My life sucks bad enough with my pain well managed, without that it is absolute hell that is not worth living to me.
    I have had neurological chronic pain since 1994. Initially I used opioids namely morphine and later Methadone for pain. Methadone was way more effective for me. I also was on Stadol NS at the time too. The pain is due to Multiple Sclerosis, and I was also diagnosed with RSD, which is now called CRPS, (chronic regional pain syndrome) after an accident where I sustained a head injury. I?m in a Progressive type of MS but currently holding steady/stable. I went off the opioids about 25 years ago and had some improvements for awhile in the way of unexpected partial remission. The pain came back and since Oregon where I had moved to from California, was already conservative 25 years ago about opioid prescriptions, I turned to medical marijuana. It helped well but I found I would get toxic from the large daily amounts I used to control pain, spasms and also Epileptic seizures. I finally had to stop marijuana after almost 20 years.
    Now I am taking Kratom for pain and having very good results. I have been on a very low dose and have not had to increase the amount in the year since I started it. Some days a little less and bad days a little more, but generally the same dose. There is a lot of good science about the safety and effectiveness and also the FDA is trying hard to ban it, but many states have passed the American Kratom Protection Act, to keep the product available, and clean. If you want to read more on this, go to the American Kratom Association website. The science, current legislation going on state by state, and other useful help.
    I would not be able to cope without it. I?m very sensitive to medication and allergic to many drugs. I have had no side effects or problems with Kratom. Many take this as an alternative to opioids.
    I have Copaiba essential oil also, but it doesn?t hardly do a thing for me. It?s weaker than Tiger Balm in my case.
    Please don?t give up, and if you would like to message me, please do. I also get relief to a lesser degree than Kratom, from
    Kava Kava root, and a couple other herbs like valerian, wild lettuce and Indian pipe. But Kratom is my Godsend.
    Love
    Jnanda
    Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Head Injury, Chronic Pain Disorder

Are there any gardeners in the house? You know there's a plant that is easy to grow, has pretty flowers on it, and works wonders for pain control. Just dry the plant, grind it up a bit, and make tea with it.
    So much for the war on drugs, lol
    When I realized this, what can I say, life is good
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Are there any gardeners in the house? You know there's a plant that is easy to grow, has pretty flowers on it, and works wonders for pain control. Just dry the plant, grind it up a bit, and make tea with it.
    So much for the war on drugs, lol
    When I realized this, what can I say, life is good
    Have you succeeded in gardening?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Have you succeeded in gardening?
    Yes, it was very easy. And the smoke is great as is the tea. You can get the seeds online.
    Stuff is super strong, makes the pills seem wimpy.

Blog Entries
    Seriously on line?

We grew ourselves (Oregon) for over 20 years. Yes there are definitely good online sites where you can purchase good quality medical grade seeds.
    Love,
    Jnanda
    Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Head Injury, Chronic Pain Disorder

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Seriously on line?
    Yes online. Got some from China, but they were the wrong kind.
    But found a great source in the USA.
    1.5 inch diameter heads.
    It's so funny we are talking about two different plants, lol
    But you can get the other kind of seeds on line as well. But most people out here in legal states, like Oregon, use clones.

Blog Entries
    I mean..... how would one.....I live in NJ...may I pm? I

Yes please do. It's all legal, you can eat the seeds on your muffins, but it's illegal to make tea out of it.
    I believe all plants should be legal.

Blog Entries
    I guess all plants should be legal it’s not their fault It’s just what you do with them?