Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Platform style beds strike again

  1. #41
    Senior Member landrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    958
    So an update on my original post...after my initial frustrations re: contact with Marriott and their ability to make accommodations for my lift, I decided to put those travel plans to the side. However, after my dissatisfactory response from a Marriott hotel in Paris, I wrote the CEO of Marriott an email voicing my concerns. Fast fwd a month later...I received an email from said Paris hotel, in response to my contact with the CEO, saying they would now provide accommodations. I debated if I wanted to move forward again with travel plans. Ultimately I decided to. I reached out then to a Marriott hotel in London, and they to agreed to make accommodations as well. It wasn't easy, but sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

  2. #42
    Good for you in continuing pushing for this...hope this will assist not only you but others who have similar needs.

    (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    So an update on my original post...after my initial frustrations re: contact with Marriott and their ability to make accommodations for my lift, I decided to put those travel plans to the side. However, after my dissatisfactory response from a Marriott hotel in Paris, I wrote the CEO of Marriott an email voicing my concerns. Fast fwd a month later...I received an email from said Paris hotel, in response to my contact with the CEO, saying they would now provide accommodations. I debated if I wanted to move forward again with travel plans. Ultimately I decided to. I reached out then to a Marriott hotel in London, and they to agreed to make accommodations as well. It wasn't easy, but sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease.
    Awesome! We love Marriott hotels if they have the right bed. Unfortunately most of them don't. What is the CEOs email. I wouldn't mind sending them an email.

  4. #44
    Senior Member landrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    958
    His name is Arne Sorenson. Arne.Sorenson@marriott.com

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    His name is Arne Sorenson. Arne.Sorenson@marriott.com
    Thanks

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    887
    California's ADA Compliance. Sounds good to me.

    http://ada.ashdownarch.com/?p=xzhbq&paged=5

  7. #47
    Senior Member landrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    California's ADA Compliance. Sounds good to me.

    http://ada.ashdownarch.com/?p=xzhbq&paged=5

    Unfortunately from my experience with hotels I've stayed at in California, this policy doesn't seem to be followed. I've stayed at several hotels in the past several years, and only one had a bed with clearance.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Saint Petersburg , Florida
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Unfortunately from my experience with hotels I've stayed at in California, this policy doesn't seem to be followed. I've stayed at several hotels in the past several years, and only one had a bed with clearance.
    Did you report them? I believe it's time to start holding hotels accountable for not following the ADA Requirements.

Similar Threads

  1. Lightning Strike
    By Tufelhunden in forum Science, Medicine, & Technology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 04:22 PM
  2. MPS push/pull style hand controls style
    By dave52355 in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 01:47 AM
  3. Does this strike a chord for anyone?
    By arndog in forum Pain
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 08:54 PM
  4. Hunger Strike
    By Saorsa in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 07:19 AM
  5. CD-RW on strike
    By Polett in forum Computers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •