Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Platform style beds strike again

So an update on my original post...after my initial frustrations re: contact with Marriott and their ability to make accommodations for my lift, I decided to put those travel plans to the side. However, after my dissatisfactory response from a Marriott hotel in Paris, I wrote the CEO of Marriott an email voicing my concerns. Fast fwd a month later...I received an email from said Paris hotel, in response to my contact with the CEO, saying they would now provide accommodations. I debated if I wanted to move forward again with travel plans. Ultimately I decided to. I reached out then to a Marriott hotel in London, and they to agreed to make accommodations as well. It wasn't easy, but sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

Good for you in continuing pushing for this...hope this will assist not only you but others who have similar needs.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    So an update on my original post...after my initial frustrations re: contact with Marriott and their ability to make accommodations for my lift, I decided to put those travel plans to the side. However, after my dissatisfactory response from a Marriott hotel in Paris, I wrote the CEO of Marriott an email voicing my concerns. Fast fwd a month later...I received an email from said Paris hotel, in response to my contact with the CEO, saying they would now provide accommodations. I debated if I wanted to move forward again with travel plans. Ultimately I decided to. I reached out then to a Marriott hotel in London, and they to agreed to make accommodations as well. It wasn't easy, but sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease.
    Awesome! We love Marriott hotels if they have the right bed. Unfortunately most of them don't. What is the CEOs email. I wouldn't mind sending them an email.

His name is Arne Sorenson. Arne.Sorenson@marriott.com

His name is Arne Sorenson. Arne.Sorenson@marriott.com
    Thanks

California's ADA Compliance. Sounds good to me.

http://ada.ashdownarch.com/?p=xzhbq&paged=5

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    California's ADA Compliance. Sounds good to me.

http://ada.ashdownarch.com/?p=xzhbq&paged=5

Unfortunately from my experience with hotels I've stayed at in California, this policy doesn't seem to be followed. I've stayed at several hotels in the past several years, and only one had a bed with clearance.

Unfortunately from my experience with hotels I've stayed at in California, this policy doesn't seem to be followed. I've stayed at several hotels in the past several years, and only one had a bed with clearance.
    Did you report them? I believe it's time to start holding hotels accountable for not following the ADA Requirements.