Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schwalbe ONE Wheelchair Tires

Schwalbe ONE Wheelchair Tires

Any of you guys running these yet?
    I'd love to give these a try, but I wonder if they last as long as Marathons?
    https://howirollsports.com/shop/schwalbe-one-wheelchair-tire/
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Good question. Why are they more expensive then Marathons especially without the tread?

I use them .I like the extra width to me better ride. I would say they wear really well last pair had 18 months wheeling and another 400 plus miles on the attachable hand bike probably could have went longer

i have these but the older version as mine have no tread at all, they arnt wider than marathons but i got these as i lean on my tyre alot so they are comfy for that, plus i push off with my tyre as well as the rim , i like them they have lasted a while, they are just no good in the snow haha

they wont wear as well as mp. other option is right run plus, same tire as mp, but lighter and no tread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Any of you guys running these yet?
    I'd love to give these a try, but I wonder if they last as long as Marathons?
    https://howirollsports.com/shop/schwalbe-one-wheelchair-tire/
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

They must be awful in the snow.
    T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

I've got the old sort (no tread) on my chair. They're very lightweight, easy to put on, and have low rolling resistance. Re wear; imo they're nowhere near as robust or long lasting as MPs. Also the rear of the chair sits about 1/4" lower compared to MPs (just in case that's a problem). I bought mine in a clearance sale, 5 pound for the pair. On hindsight at that price I wish I'd bought up whatever stock they had left. I think the standard retail price is quite high for what feels like a flimsy tyre (but I've not seen the new version).

My Bad I use the Schwalbe Airborne they have the extra width 1.2" Have not used the Schwalbe one

Quote Originally Posted by pete4sake View Post
    I use them .I like the extra width to me better ride. I would say they wear really well last pair had 18 months wheeling and another 400 plus miles on the attachable hand bike probably could have went longer

I'm thinking about getting these when I wear through my current set of MPs.

Anyone have any further feedback in the past year or so?

Is the rolling resistance noticably less than Marathons?

I'm not a fan of that brand. I bought some marathons that were suppose to be puncture proof. They wore out twice as fast as a cheaper brand I usually buy and I ran something over in my garage and it popped my tire.