Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do BMW drivers and Prius drivers have in common?

What do BMW drivers and Prius drivers have in common?

I can understand why someone would think that BMW drivers are aggressive. The way BMW sports cars are geared, it's over the top for the street IMO. You have to go out of your way to tame the car. Seems like a nice problem to have. But why have something that you don't use?

What does Prius have in common with BMW? I guess it's their acceleration. Electric cars have so much torque that they have to dampen their acceleration profile just to prevent snapping your neck backward. I wish BMW would add a slow mode to their transmission. That way, you can drive them like a normal car.

Torque can make your car "feel" faster than it actually is. Thats whats great about electric cars though, instant power and torque on demand. If i was able bodied I would always have a manual transmission sports car till the day I died ! Miss it soooo much.

Im excited about the future electric cars though. Just don't want a Tesla to randomly catch on fire while I'm in it, like one did recently in LA.

That jaguar i pace looks pretty cool I think, but that Porsche emission is jaw dropping.

Im a BMW nut by the way, but I love all cars, especially the ones tailored to driving enthusiast. Beautiful day with a winding road in a manual sports car - heaven !

i don't know the ///M models have a comfort mode or eco, but my 2 series does. I always have it in sport though.
    Canadian bacon is a fraud !!!!

Common? Well, they love the left lane.

Prius is usually a taxi or a privately owned one sitting there oblivious that they are blocking traffic. Or more likely doing some passive-aggressive thing so we can join in with them to save the planet by creeping along.

BMW...don't get me started. But I will give one example...They are too important to notice the car barreling down the left lane at 110, and they NEED to get around the guy they were just tailgating, so BMW changes lanes NOW:

I don't know if this is a universal problem, but it certainly is in my neck of the woods. At least they are doing something about it...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    T4 complete since 30 April 2012

If the conclusion is based on a scientific study then they should present the science. Otherwise, why should we believe it's anything more than confirmation bias? I remember when I was a poor kid, I disliked fancy cars (and their owners) because I saw them as showing off. If I saw an old beat up car speeding, I'd move on and not think twice about it. But if I saw someone in a new BMW speeding, I saw an arrogant, entitled, rich prick showing off. Now I realize that was just my own personal problem. Having said that, you can do more harm with a gun than a stick and you can drive more aggressively with a sports car than an old beater. Sure, sometimes the driver is a jerk. But other times, maybe it's just a hot car.

Isn't politics the same way? Some topics are so hot that just touching them can make you appear to be a jerk. Sure, sometimes the messenger is being a jerk. But other times, maybe it's just a hot topic.

In a couple years it’ll be about time for me to get a new car. I live right down the road from where they assemble the BMWs and a two door four series seems like a fun option, but then I’d have to accept the fact that I’ve become a douchebag, and that’s a little too much for me to face at the moment, so I might have to go with an E class Mercedes.

what most recently pushed me over the edge is seeing a ten year old five series parked diagonally across two lanes in the overcrowded parking garage of my apartment building on a day when they had one of the floors and subsequently the disabled spots closed for some sort of maintenance. That was just two days ago.

Hey this belongs in that BORING thread in members only. GEEEZ you guys sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Common? Well, they love the left lane.

Prius is usually a taxi or a privately owned one sitting there oblivious that they are blocking traffic. Or more likely doing some passive-aggressive thing so we can join in with them to save the planet by creeping along.

BMW...don't get me started. But I will give one example...They are too important to notice the car barreling down the left lane at 110, and they NEED to get around the guy they were just tailgating, so BMW changes lanes NOW:

Maybe the guy doing 110 shouldn't be, you know, going 110.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    In a couple years it?ll be about time for me to get a new car. I live right down the road from where they assemble the BMWs and a two door four series seems like a fun option, but then I?d have to accept the fact that I?ve become a douchebag, and that?s a little too much for me to face at the moment, so I might have to go with an E class Mercedes.

what most recently pushed me over the edge is seeing a ten year old five series parked diagonally across two lanes in the overcrowded parking garage of my apartment building on a day when they had one of the floors and subsequently the disabled spots closed for some sort of maintenance. That was just two days ago.
    Haha, did it have 26" rims and every malfunction light illuminated on the dashboard? I must confess, I was shopping BMW 3/4 series coupes also. Then I realized the marketing scheme where if you want a car equipped like a Honda Accord, you have to spend roughly over 50% of the base price to get it optioned like a generic-mobile. Couple that with questionable reliability and you need to wonder about that choice in vehicle. And yeah, there is the douchebag factor also, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Maybe the guy doing 110 shouldn't be, you know, going 110.
    Nahhhh. That was a Dodge driver, and that group of drivers are known for their extraordinary skill and etiquette on the roadway, making such actions just dandy!

A two door four series [BMW] seems like a fun option, but then I’d have to accept the fact that I’ve become a douchebag, and that’s a little too much for me to face at the moment, so I might have to go with an E class Mercedes.
    If you're into such cliches then the MB says stuffy douche. While, we're at it, truck says redneck, and van says sex creep. Don't do that to yourself. Drive what you like.

In a couple years it’ll be about time for me to get a new car. I live right down the road from where they assemble the BMWs and a two door four series seems like a fun option, but then I’d have to accept the fact that I’ve become a douchebag, and that’s a little too much for me to face at the moment, so I might have to go with an E class Mercedes.

Exactly my point. I've parked my BMW like that because there was no other way to guarantee I had room to open my door. If it was a van with HP plates parked like that, you'd be like, "Oh, ok. The guy's got a reason" But a BMW and it's like "What an ass."