Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What do BMW drivers and Prius drivers have in common?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    After the salesman slammed my head into the hood a few times while yelling "Buy Today!", I finally gave in. 2015 V6 w/25K miles on it. Seriously too nice a car to replace my Crown Vic and be a 'beater', but it will definitely beat driving that annoying f'in Crown Vic all salt season.

(maybe I'll take a real pic sometime, just got the thing tonight)
    \

Nice, that's pretty much the exact same car I have except with lower miles. It's black I'm guessing from this damn near monochrome picture? I guess yall can get away with that up in the frigid north. Harder to spin the tires than the Crown Vic I imagine, but it will probably get you slightly better gas mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I'm unreasonably attached to a pair of AZ-1 portable hand controls, so that's all I've ever put on it. .
    Here's what some MPD push/right angles would look like on yours
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Umm, what happens when you are having a hard time classifying your winter beater as a 'beater'...and it is cleaner than your 'good' car for that matter. Gotta think about this one some more...

I guess one says I voted for Hillary, the other says I voted for Trump. I'm stealthy! lol

Let's Touch Base about BMW's and their owners...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Here's what some MPD push/right angles would look like on yours
    Meh, I'll pass. I prefer two aluminum rods aimed at my midsection and a cheap motorcycle grip on my portable hand controls. It's just more comfortable resting your left hand on your crotch as you work the gas and in the case that things get ohairy I've always got something else I can grab hold of as I'm skidding out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Meh, I'll pass. I prefer two aluminum rods aimed at my midsection and a cheap motorcycle grip on my portable hand controls. It's just more comfortable resting your left hand on your crotch as you work the gas and in the case that things get ohairy I've always got something else I can grab hold of as I'm skidding out of control.
    Lol. But can you drive one handed gas/brake/steer? Very helpful with controls that are attached to the car. I was rocking portables for a day or two, I was totally lost. As an aside, these Hondas lend themselves rather well to hand control installation. Angles turn out good, and there is room for 'em also. Minor sketchiness encountered attaching to the flimsy metal knee crash bolsters, but it's on metal...all good, lol. Things got ugly during my mission to pluck one of the springs out of the gas pedal for easier operation...Honda makes these tamperproof, or I'm an idiot. I won that battle though . Now I'm wiring in some custom electronics, and running a power lead to the engine compartment I was rather shocked how this car is made out of plastic. Heck, the fender is held on with one tiny metal bracket on the upper aprons, the rest is plastic. I'm used to 'Murican cars, I guess now I know where the weight savings are in this thing. And the random appearing engineering of suspension, transaxle accessories...I'll tell myself it's a Honda and it's supposed to be good, but dayum, this thing sure is for-eeeen