Thread: Has Anybody......

Has Anybody......

Created a heated/cooled seat for a power chair? Man that would be killer for a quad! Especially in this summer heat! Shew. If it hasn?t been created how about somebody get on that lol.

That's really a worthy endeavor. I would love to have something like that because my neuro pain really increases in the hot weather. Sometimes I need to lay down for an hour just to get off my a$$ for awhile.

Sunrise Medical have a heated/cooled version of the J3 backrest, but not the seat. There is a cold only one made by a wheelchair user, too.

Be careful with heating. I know several people with SCI and loss of sensation who got burns from heated car seats.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Wow that’s awesome! I had no idea that existed.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Be careful with heating. I know several people with SCI and loss of sensation who got burns from heated car seats.
    (KLD)
    Really? I had no idea they got that hot. Then again I am to broke to afford a newer vehicle with them so I don’t know what to expect anyway.