Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "SCINet" or "Spinal Cord Injury Network": Does it really exist or yet to be founded?

Jim, I appreciate all Dr. Wise , you and all involved do for us. Thank you for all your efforts.

Thank you Dr. Wise for answering and Jim for forwarding the message. Hopefully all goes well.

With all those countries mentioned, I'm curious to know who owns the intellectual property of this technology/trial? Could I assume Rutgers? Stemcyte? or open source? The researchers themselves?
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    Jim, I appreciate all Dr. Wise , you and all involved do for us. Thank you for all your efforts.
    Hey Joe, thanking me is never necessary, I am fortunate to have the opportunity to be able to support Wise, Dr. Morton, and our Center. Wise is the one who dedicated the last 40 years of his life to improving our situations. He started as a neurosurgeon, was the 'guy' that would operate and stabilize our spines. He became frustrated telling families there wasn't anything else he could do, and decided to leave neurosurgery and focus on sci research. His mentor, NIH, and most of his colleages said, you are crazy, you can't fix SCI. Thank goodness he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Thank you Dr. Wise for answering and Jim for forwarding the message. Hopefully all goes well.

With all those countries mentioned, I'm curious to know who owns the intellectual property of this technology/trial? Could I assume Rutgers? Stemcyte? or open source? The researchers themselves?
    Moe, I don't know the all the legalities, but can tell you this with complete confidence, no one involved will attempt to make a buck off this therapy. StemCyte, who has been existing hand-to-mouth for several years, is in this to help us. Their CEO, Dr. Jonas Wang is an honorable man. They want to pay for the trial, but we may need to raise additional funds because of the insane US costs. This is all being worked out now.

Once we find a qualified company to process the cells, and certify that they can do it properly, (critical part of the trial), we will get approval. We are planning for the first surgery to happen in the Fall.
    Last edited by Jim; 07-18-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hey Joe, thanking me is never necessary, I am fortunate to have the opportunity to be able to support Wise, Dr. Morton, and our Center. Wise is the one who dedicated the last 40 years of his life to improving our situations. He started as a neurosurgeon, was the 'guy' that would operate and stabilize our spines. He became frustrated telling families there wasn't anything else he could do, and decided to leave neurosurgery and focus on sci research. His mentor, NIH, and most of his colleages said, you are crazy, you can't fix SCI. Thank goodness he did.

Moe, I don't know the all the legalities, but can tell you this with complete confidence, no one involved will attempt to make a buck off this therapy. StemCyte, who has been existing hand-to-mouth for several years, is in this to help us. Their CEO, Dr. Jonas Wang is an honorable man. They want to pay for the trial, but we may need to raise additional funds because of the insane US costs. This is all being worked out now.

Once we find a qualified company to process the cells, and certify that they can do it properly, (the most important part of the trial), we will get approval. We are planning for the first surgery to happen in the Fall.
    Hooray, and for God sake please expand that inclusion criteria to accept C4's and ill be there
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Hooray, and for God sake please expand that inclusion criteria to accept C4's and ill be there

I think I read that one of the criteria's were that the participant must be also a local resident... New Yorkers and Jerseyans. Makes sence to make this expensive trial to run as simple and efficient as possible... No more 'live too far' issues!!
    ― DaShanne Stokes

I think I read that one of the criteria's were that the participant must be also a local resident... New Yorkers and Jerseyans. Makes sence to make this expensive trial to run as simple and efficient as possible... No more 'live too far' issues!!
    I haven’t seen that anywhere. You sure?

The trial, including the physical rehab will be six months. Anyone can relocate for that time period, but will have to cover those costs. They will also have to come back for the follow-up exams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

Once we find a qualified company to process the cells, and certify that they can do it properly, (the most important part of the trial), we will get approval. We are planning for the first surgery to happen in the Fall.
    Jim thanks for the reassurance, but just in case my question got misunderstood, I did not question anybody's integrity. I'm sure everybody's honorable good hearted and all... but has nothing to do about my question about who owns the intellectual property, probably the question also was addressed to someone who knew the answer.

EXAMPLE:
    Q: Who owns the intellectual property of AST-OPC1?
    A: Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc.

if its too much for a public forum fine, I understand. Why does it always have to lead to gratitude and judgment of characters beets me. Jesus...
    Last edited by Moe; 07-18-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    ― DaShanne Stokes

Jim thanks for the reassurance, but just in case my question got misunderstood, I did not question anybody's integrity. I'm sure everybody's honorable good hearted and all... but has nothing to do about my question about who owns the intellectual property, probably the question also was addressed to someone who knew the answer.

EXAMPLE:
    Q: Who owns the intellectual property of AST-OPC1?
    A: Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc.

if its too much for a public forum fine, I understand. Why does it always have to lead to gratitude and judgment of characters beets me. Jesus...
    Moe, I didn't think you were pointing fingers, I just don't know the answer.

Jim, is it possible to provide an updated list of the hospitals that will likely participate in the trials
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature