Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edgepark - Alternative

Edgepark - Alternative

Can anyone suggest a medical supply company that bills private insurance, other than Edgepark?

I've been with them a quarter century and they keep getting worse every month. Delays in shipping, checking in with my doc every month and kicking my monthly orders out for review, mean i'm only getting 9-10 monthly shipments a year.

Are you required to use Edgepark by your insurance? Many insurance companies contract with a specific vendor and require that their insured use them.

What is your location? It is not indicated in your profile.

What kind of supplies? Urinary? Ostomy? Bowel care? Wound dressings?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Are you required to use Edgepark by your insurance? Many insurance companies contract with a specific vendor and require that their insured use them.

What is your location? It is not indicated in your profile.

What kind of supplies? Urinary? Ostomy? Bowel care? Wound dressings?

(KLD)
    Thanks for reaching out KLD! I'm not required to use Edgepark or any other vendors. Split time between Greater NYC area and MN. I just need a stable and reliable vendor and not a vendor in chaos (yes, I believe CardinalHeath/Edgepark has serious problems brewing).

- Urinary
    - Ostomy
    - Sleep apnea
    - DME

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    Can anyone suggest a medical supply company that bills private insurance, other than Edgepark?

I've been with them a quarter century and they keep getting worse every month. Delays in shipping, checking in with my doc every month and kicking my monthly orders out for review, mean i'm only getting 9-10 monthly shipments a year.
    I've used them for about 25 years too. The key to success with Edgepark is managing them. Yes, this takes some time and effort on our parts, but they can be managed. I used to have the same problem until I started following up as below.

Two weeks before I anticipate having the supplies delivered, I place my order on line with Edgepark.

One week later, I call and confirm the order, inquire about anything that might hang up the order, and confirm the date of shipment.

Two days before the shipment date, I call and confirm again.

If there is a holiday that may delay delivery, I ask them to change the shipment date and ship one day earlier. It is a good idea to take notes about when you called and to whom you spoke.

Edgepark has a network of distribution centers around the United States, that allows for pretty quick shipment and delivery to most locations. When I have requested an earlier shipment date and have called early enough in the day, I can get my supplies the next day. I live in the San Francisco Bay area and they have a distribution center in Los Angeles. Other distribution centers are Cleveland, Ohio; Dallas, Texas; Jacksonville, Florida; Chicago, Illinois; Portland, Oregon, Durham, North Carolina, Trenton, New Jersey.

Depending how far away you live from a distribution center, you can expect either 1-2 days or 3-4 days delivery. If you live further away from a distribution center than I do, you might want to amend the order time, and confirmation telephone calls schedule above.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I've used them for about 25 years too. The key to success with Edgepark is managing them. Yes, this takes some time and effort on our parts, but they can be managed. I used to have the same problem until I started following up as below.

Two weeks before I anticipate having the supplies delivered, I place my order on line with Edgepark.

One week later, I call and confirm the order, inquire about anything that might hang up the order, and confirm the date of shipment.

Two days before the shipment date, I call and confirm again.

If there is a holiday that may delay delivery, I ask them to change the shipment date and ship one day earlier. It is a good idea to take notes about when you called and to whom you spoke.

Edgepark has a network of distribution centers around the United States, that allows for pretty quick shipment and delivery to most locations. When I have requested an earlier shipment date and have called early enough in the day, I can get my supplies the next day. I live in the San Francisco Bay area and they have a distribution center in Los Angeles. Other distribution centers are Cleveland, Ohio; Dallas, Texas; Jacksonville, Florida; Chicago, Illinois; Portland, Oregon, Durham, North Carolina, Trenton, New Jersey.

Depending how far away you live from a distribution center, you can expect either 1-2 days or 3-4 days delivery. If you live further away from a distribution center than I do, you might want to amend the order time, and confirmation telephone calls schedule above.

Good Luck!
    Thanks for sharing your experience gjnl but Edgepark's gone.

{from a previous email I wrote on 3/11/18} In addition to the above, I was overbilled for 4 years by Edgepark. I requested an audit of my account 2.5 years ago. They called me back a couple of days later and said everything is fine. I asked for support and they said they don't provide that.

I just received a $650 refund from them a few days ago. I cashed the check immediately. Cardinal Health/Edgepark should be out of business!

I trust nothing coming from this company.

They were holding up all my monthly supply orders because they claimed I also had an account balance usually less than $10 from items they charged me for incorrectly on the monthly orders. During this 4 year period, I only received 9-10 monthly orders per year, so you could count on having to pay for 8-12 monthly orders ($300-400/ month) out of pocket as an addtional expense of doing business with this crap company. I suspect their financials are pure garbage. {end 3/11/18 excerpt}

After this financial fiasco, I just received a collection warning from them for the last 3 months for an outstanding balance of $257. For each of the three orders, I asked what I owe them. They kept saying oh don't worry sir, we'll bill you. This company has so many disconnects. What a complete joke of a company (EDGEPARK)!

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience gjnl but Edgepark's gone.

{from a previous email I wrote on 3/11/18} In addition to the above, I was overbilled for 4 years by Edgepark. I requested an audit of my account 2.5 years ago. They called me back a couple of days later and said everything is fine. I asked for support and they said they don't provide that.

I just received a $650 refund from them a few days ago. I cashed the check immediately. Cardinal Health/Edgepark should be out of business!

I trust nothing coming from this company.

They were holding up all my monthly supply orders because they claimed I also had an account balance usually less than $10 from items they charged me for incorrectly on the monthly orders. During this 4 year period, I only received 9-10 monthly orders per year, so you could count on having to pay for 8-12 monthly orders ($300-400/ month) out of pocket as an addtional expense of doing business with this crap company. I suspect their financials are pure garbage. {end 3/11/18 excerpt}

After this financial fiasco, I just received a collection warning from them for the last 3 months for an outstanding balance of $257. For each of the three orders, I asked what I owe them. They kept saying oh don't worry sir, we'll bill you. This company has so many disconnects. What a complete joke of a company (EDGEPARK)!
    If I start to experience what you have, I'll be looking for another supplier too. Hope you get some good recommendations here.

https://jandrmedical.com
    https://jandrmedical.com/our-team/

We've been with them since hospital discharge. President and VP sales are Quads. i re-order online and get an e-mail when the cartons are shipped out.

Wilmington Medical Supply

They work more easily with private insurance than with medicare, mostly because medicare has specific rules, but even when I had medicare they automated your monthly request so that you would just get a phone call a couple weeks before your delivery date and you press one if you want your supplies. I have private insurance now so they definitely take private insurance.

mckesson is who i use. DO NOT USE BYRAM they are the worst!!
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009