Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical question

Sue the horse
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Sue the horse
    One would need to see if the horse already had a legal disclaimer for accidents arising from inexperienced riders.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Ok so if you were a billionaire and you go to your polo match this weekend and fall off your horse and sustain a spinal injury what would be your course of action?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythellri View Post
    Um, exactly what Christopher Reeves did but with more money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You would do exactly what Cristopher did, support Wise.
    Despite all the donations since his injury from 1995, he died as a quad in 2004. Even if he had a longer life and died 14 years later (2018) he would still die as a quad. So far donations just made walking people rich while I'm sitting like a duck dreaming to walk again. But yet I got to be careful to not to sound like an "ungrateful prick"...

Still no follow-up data from the patients that "live too far"? I got a bunch of used laptops, cell phones and other I.T. equipment to donate if it helps communicate with them... I'd even donate a car, gas money, hiking and mountain climbing gear for someone to collect data... I just find it really odd that nobody seems to care about it. Even more odd that they weren't that far to come down to get experimented, but yet too far now (all of them) for a simple follow-up.
    Last edited by Moe; 06-22-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    But yet I got to be careful to not to sound like an "ungrateful prick"...
    Aaah man, you weren't careful enough.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Well thanks for all the piss take replies. This is the exactly sort of defeatist attitude and lack of imagination that keeps us in chairs. Are you seriously telling me that in the year 2018 with One Billion dollars in your pocket that you could not somehow circumvent some of the red tape and legislation that is in place? I know this was not a "serious" thread but to be honest I expected more from some of you.

Well thanks for all the piss take replies. This is the exactly sort of defeatist attitude and lack of imagination that keeps us in chairs. Are you seriously telling me that in the year 2018 with One Billion dollars in your pocket that you could not somehow circumvent some of the red tape and legislation that is in place? I know this was not a "serious" thread but to be honest I expected more from some of you.
    Uhhh… I tried my best.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Uhhh… I tried my best.
    Yeah ,sorry. Never mind my rant. Just frustrated.

Jokes aside, what did you expect, really?? even If someone would say 'yes' how would you know for sure? Plenty of clinics out there that claim unproven results that charge a lot of money... Yes reality has a way to kick right on the face and knock off wishful thinking bullshit. No need to take it personal as no intent was made to disrespect you. I blame myself for my injury, and yes I'm frustrated too with stories and hypes from DECADES of donations and research and still NADA...

what scares me as mentioned on a previous post, is researchers of a particular field do research and teach research for a living... (duh) When a magical cure comes by, they're all threaten to loose their jobs, so is the whole market, hotel conference halls, events, fund raising, sponsors, big pharma, wheelchair manufacturers.... that's my opinion and my belief that they're going to stay in this 'comfort zone' forever.

Even if a billion dollars would find a real cure, it would kill the goose of golden eggs of this multi-billion dollar industry. I predict treatments and devices to improve the lifestyle to be more realistic since it keeps the person 'dependent' of goods and services repeatedly. As long as SCI exists, money keeps pouring in to the fat pockets of highly paid greedy walking people, it's disgusting....

This is my vision of a possible reality, nobody has to agree with it as I could be wrong...
    Last edited by Moe; 06-22-2018 at 11:08 PM.
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Secondary damage does not continue for 5-6 months.
    Therefore, explain the hourglass shaped spinal cord after injury as shown on numerous MRIs and pointed out by persons posting on this website. A normal spinal cord is shaped as a straight column of nerve fibers.

https://www.diffen.com/difference/Apoptosis_vs_Necrosis

https://sidelinesnews.com/asides/asides-38.html

Scion of a businessman and philanthropist.
    Houston's world-class trauma hospital is named after his Dad
    Polo player
    Unlimited resources unfortunately did not alter the outcome.