Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical question

unfortunately money didn't save Chris Reeve... and as far as I know with all the donation money and connections with researchers its not getting Rick Hansen walking neither... My point is I don't think a wealthy person would have that much of a greater chance for a treatment to return function in the market today... if it would it would be nice though of course, but everybody would of heard about it imo...
    Last edited by Moe; 08-06-2018 at 02:00 PM.
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

A: Reeve didn't have that much personal wealth (billionaire not millionaire). B: that was 20+ years ago. You've got a billion today what do you? (in secret if necessary)

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    A: Reeve didn't have that much personal wealth (billionaire not millionaire). B: that was 20+ years ago. You've got a billion today what do you? (in secret if necessary)
    14 years ago actually, not 20+..., Henson's alive today and since decades still collecting donations, in my observation, it didn't change his condition not one bit...thousands, milions, bilions or kazilions the real question perhaps is does money buy a cure in reality? if it does where? If the answer would be 'yes' and told where it is, then nobody needs to do research anymore, right? just sharing a point of view, not trolling you Lurch... Hey I'd benefit as well if such place existed... in the near future maybe?
    ― DaShanne Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    14 years ago actually, not 20+..., Henson's alive today
    Who is Henson? Not trolling either, just wondering if there is a billionaire out there with an sci.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    Who is Henson? Not trolling either, just wondering if there is a billionaire out there with an sci.
    Hansen, sorry typo... Rick Hansen

Not a Bilionaire but a Canadian Paraplegic who's been raising funds as a foundation for sci for decades like Reeve did, my point was that to my knowledge, all the money collected plus connections to research centers hasn't got him walking yet neither. Money doesn't seem buy a "cure" anywhere, at least not yet imo. Apparently there's clinics out there that claims results but are a potential scam... frustrating
    Last edited by Moe; 08-07-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    ― DaShanne Stokes

Wonder if posting a sign with a Billion Dollar Reward to whoever can get me recovered will work...
    ― DaShanne Stokes

14 years ago actually, not 20+..., Henson's alive today and since decades still collecting donations, in my observation, it didn't change his condition not one bit...thousands, milions, bilions or kazilions the real question perhaps is does money buy a cure in reality? if it does where? If the answer would be 'yes' and told where it is, then nobody needs to do research anymore, right? just sharing a point of view, not trolling you Lurch... Hey I'd benefit as well if such place existed... in the near future maybe?
    Reeve had his injury in 95. 23 years ago. Me , I'd be quietly slipping $100 million into Jerry Silver's back pocket and be asking for a dose of his latest and greatest peptides.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Reeve had his injury in 95. 23 years ago. Me , I'd be quietly slipping $100 million into Jerry Silver's back pocket and be asking for a dose of his latest and greatest peptides.
    He died in 2004, thought we were discussing the latest technology he experienced alive. I'd slip that 100 million or billion AFTER the work is done with satisfactory results, not a penny before. You can PM him directly from here in CC for that proposal... but I think he only does rats and monkeys for now... someday maybe humans but its been all talk no action media hype so far as usual... I'd pay for results not 30-40 year old empty promises. I rather enjoy that 100 million on hookers and cocaine than to risk to mess up my cord not knowing for sure if its going to work or not to begin with...
    Last edited by Moe; 08-07-2018 at 10:46 PM.
    ― DaShanne Stokes

He died in 2004, thought we were discussing the latest technology he experienced alive. I'd slip that 100 million or billion AFTER the work is done with satisfactory results, not a penny before. You can PM him directly from here in CC for that proposal... but I think he only does rats and monkeys for now... someday maybe humans but its been all talk no action media hype so far as usual... I'd pay for results not 30-40 year old empty promises. I rather enjoy that 100 million on hookers and cocaine than to risk to mess up my cord not knowing for sure if its going to work or not to begin with...
    Christopher was injured in 1995. Despite having a presure sore, he continued to appear, and fight for us. He became septic and that took him.

Christopher in the end, was Superman.

Hansen, sorry typo... Rick Hansen

Not a Bilionaire but a Canadian Paraplegic who's been raising funds as a foundation for sci for decades like Reeve did, my point was that to my knowledge, all the money collected plus connections to research centers hasn't got him walking yet neither. Money doesn't seem buy a "cure" anywhere, at least not yet imo. Apparently there's clinics out there that claims results but are a potential scam... frustrating
    Thanks, I would suggest that a large problem is that the money that is raised is spread over too many options. I'm sure all of us could quote a ton of research studies that are nothing to do with finding a cure - or are aimed at acute. Nothing wrong with that apart from the money thats raised by people with injuries (and family and friends) should not go to these causes.

As a billionaire you wouldn't be funding these trials, you would pick the likely candidates, and plough money into them to get it done faster, rather than trials that go on for years because of a lack of resources. Most research project are conducted by only a handful of staff with limited money.
    I'm sure all of us have trials we would love to see speeded up, then if successful not going through years of raising money to bring to market.