Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical question

Hypothetical question

Ok so if you were a billionaire and you go to your polo match this weekend and fall off your horse and sustain a spinal injury what would be your course of action?

Um, exactly what Christopher Reeves did but with more money.

Wait 2 weeks and go to an AMRI (advanced magnetic research institute) clinic to get magnetic therapy. One of the main problems with a spinal cord injury is necrosis (cell death due to swelling). The original injury may be small, but the cellular death due to swelling and inflammation around the outside of the original injury continues and grows from the time of injury for maybe 5-6 more months. The magnetic therapy dramatically reduces the swelling and inflammation, thus less overall damage with resulting less paralysis. Would have to pay out of pocket for maybe 125 to 150 hours.

Send out for the most expert in the field of neurology. Build teams to collaborate. Pay them what they're worth and give them everything they need to find the cure. But give them incentive of an x-prize to find the cure. The x-prize lowers with time. The next incentive to find the cure... if the cure is found they are free to keep their labs paid in full to advance in any other science medicine they wish to perform with guaranteed full income until retirement. All medicine/cures they discover belongs to them.

Assuming you are in a post acute phase, which specific labs/treatments would you be taking a punt on?

You would do exactly what Cristopher did, support Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Shooter View Post
    Wait 2 weeks and go to an AMRI (advanced magnetic research institute) clinic to get magnetic therapy. One of the main problems with a spinal cord injury is necrosis (cell death due to swelling). The original injury may be small, but the cellular death due to swelling and inflammation around the outside of the original injury continues and grows from the time of injury for maybe 5-6 more months. The magnetic therapy dramatically reduces the swelling and inflammation, thus less overall damage with resulting less paralysis. Would have to pay out of pocket for maybe 125 to 150 hours.
    Secondary damage does not continue for 5-6 months. AMRI's 'therapy' has not been tested in clinical trials, therefore, no proof it is effective. If they believed in their therapy they would go through clinical trials to prove safety and efficacy. IMO, a
    complete scam.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Assuming you are in a post acute phase, which specific labs/treatments would you be taking a punt on?
    Or maybe a better question, if you are a chronic SCI, and you miraculously become a billionaire, by inheritance or something... what would be the course of action for getting a treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    Or maybe a better question, if you are a chronic SCI, and you miraculously become a billionaire, by inheritance or something... what would be the course of action for getting a treatment?
    Turn yourself into a Rat or identify as one, get treatment, then turn back human......its probably the only loophole... LOL
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Turn yourself into a Rat or identify as one, get treatment, then turn back human......its probably the only loophole... LOL
    I suppose if you have billions, you can be a rat or anything you want

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    I suppose if you have billions, you can be a rat or anything you want
    Indeed! As example, people with money can now decide to be transgender and legally identify themselves as the opposite sex or this crazy 'multigender" nonsense... Hey with billions I'd legally identify myself as a Rat just to fix my spinal cord and then legally turn myself back to human... Next open House I'll dress up like this guy, mabe I'd get lucky...

"Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***