Thread: 2004 Sienna IMS Rampvan side skirt aesthetic

2004 Sienna IMS Rampvan side skirt aesthetic

I'm not sure where to post this or even research for a possible fix so if anyone can redirect me to an existing thread or an answer that would be great.
    My '04 Sienna side entry IMS Rampvan has lost a clip or whatever attachment was used back then to secure the right-side sliding door side skirt (lower outside door panel added during conversion). Whatever attachment clip/device is obscured and I don't wish to take the side skirt off for fear of breaking the other one(s) still attached.
    Again, it's the lower sliding door panel on the outside of the door. The clip/device is the forward most clip going toward the right front door.
    Thank you in advance.
    Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I would think any good body shop could fix that for you.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

It seems odd the clip would be gone. I assume the door got caught on a curb or something while closing or opening and the door extension skin pulled away from the frame extension. But the clip should have stayed in either the door or the extension skin since it was attached to both. Take another look. At worst case a chunk of fiberglass extension skin snapped off with the clip, but even then I'd expect to see it attached to the door frame extension.

That said, ordinary clips if all is intact and that is what was used are available on the spinners at places like NAPA.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by killpack View Post
    I'm not sure where to post this or even research for a possible fix so if anyone can redirect me to an existing thread or an answer that would be great.
    My '04 Sienna side entry IMS Rampvan has lost a clip or whatever attachment was used back then to secure the right-side sliding door side skirt (lower outside door panel added during conversion). Whatever attachment clip/device is obscured and I don't wish to take the side skirt off for fear of breaking the other one(s) still attached.
    Again, it's the lower sliding door panel on the outside of the door. The clip/device is the forward most clip going toward the right front door.
    Thank you in advance.
    Greg
    its not a clip.

more than likely something is broken.

a good body shop or mobility dealer should be able to easily fix it.

jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Yep, had the samthing happen to mine. Took it to my body shop and had a couple rivets put in to tightenit back up. Worked great.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I'll look more closely and try your advice.
    ~g

Lol, I said it seemed unlikely a clip would be gone, usually used on inside framework.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Thank you everyone! The local Mobility vehicle garage fixed with a couple of larger screws to replace the two loose screws. Only 45 minutes to complete but I'll still need to check them periodically.