Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RENETX Update

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
    Thanks Grammy as always for your insight and vast array of knowledge
    You're sure welcome RyanJ. Have a nice evening!

[QUOTE=niallel;1878509]It's great that people are holding the results to account, and more importantly with reference to the facts provided.

It gave me concern when I focused on the points raised, so I asked WfL about the increase of less than 1 on the BBB score and was told the following:

I know from speaking with Steve Strittmatter earlier that the improvements are dependant on the sparing in the cord, and would be enhanced with the use of Chase or similar. So it might be that this will always be most useful as part of combination strategy.

It seems there is one common belief among our heroic/determined scientists . . . there will have to be a combination of therapies. The science is probably rolling along as fast as it can, the trials don't have a chance of ever getting to the point of combining therapies. How long before combining Invivo scaffold with swan cells, injecting cord blood, along with RenetX nogo and dr. Silver's peptide in a trial (for example) when a single phase2 trial may or may not be done in a year and the others have not started. I am personally ready for a group of doctors to make a list of everything that is legitimate science, put together best guess combinations and make a trial out of it. Test the combinations 3 people at a time, we are the last people on earth that need a placebo group. We are not comparing a heart medication to a baby aspirin. Everyone acknowledges we will need a combination of therapies so start with that; at least for those of us that will be too old to care about a cure in a few years.
    please . . .test what you already know; and give us what you have. we may not be dying, but we certainly are not living either

Nicksdad, this is exactly what's needed. Combine efforts, stop competing for limited funding, get the FDA to fast-track combinatorial therapies and get some results!
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Nicksdad, this is exactly what's needed. Combine efforts, stop competing for limited funding, get the FDA to fast-track combinatorial therapies and get some results!
    It's a nice idea, maybe they collaborate in the labs, or maybe they just have a drink together when they go to all of these conferences they like to do, so they can pat each other on the back.
    Either way when something gets to the corporate stage it will be all about getting it out and monetising it as soon as possible, collaboration will be a day two effort for any company.

Aside from me being cynical (which is probably unwarranted in certain cases - and entirely warranted in others), its going to take a long time to get a single treatment like this to market. If they go down the path of combinations then it will take a lot lot longer.

Our best chance is for these to come out individually, then we can take advantage of the tiny improvements they bring, and later take combinations of therapies when there is more than one available.

As we stand, there isn't a single treatment available to us. Having just one would be a start. Personally I don't care which one, just one...

I'll get answers from Steve Strittmatter ?

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    It's great that people are holding the results to account, and more importantly with reference to the facts provided.

It gave me concern when I focused on the points raised, so I asked WfL about the increase of less than 1 on the BBB score and was told the following:

I read that to think there is more than that the BBB score that is important, but also there is work done that is not in the published paper.

I know from speaking with Steve Strittmatter earlier that the improvements are dependant on the sparing in the cord, and would be enhanced with the use of Chase or similar. So it might be that this will always be most useful as part of combination strategy.

If there are specific questions we want answering then post them here or let me know and I'll get answers from Steve Strittmatter.
    Who is Steve Strittmatter?

Their part one of phase one trial was successful and they've opened part two up to people with injuries longer than ten years. It's not shut off at a certain point that I see...

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    Their part one of phase one trial was successful and they've opened part two up to people with injuries longer than ten years. It's not shut off at a certain point that I see...
    link?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Hi everyone, Phase 1 is ongoing, they have not moved to Phase II. See my link, Cheers!

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-re...-AXER-204.html
    Last edited by cadamson; 08-29-2019 at 04:50 PM.