Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RENETX Update

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchitsu View Post
    I might be wrong or might be talking about a different aspect of this, but I was told they are doing it in different phases. Starting at very small doses for safety and then ramping up to much larger doses.

I was also told if you receive the smaller dose you will not be able to come back for the larger dose. I believe the initial dose is 2mg. If you get that you are unable to continue later on at higher doses in this particular study.
    I think this is very important and I'd like to know the correct answer to this.

The whole group down there is very nice. And just know that if you don't get a call back right away, often times this is simply because the Coordinators get buried deep in lots of work at certain times (human trials Are complicated in nature to keep us all safe and it takes a village to accomplish this). Please don't hesitate however if the response time gets to be too long because sometimes mistakes can be made and I hate to see someone not participate simply because there was no return phone call.

Phase 1, The safety part of the trial: Single ascending doses in 4 groups of 6 Participants, starting at the lowest concentration dose.

With regards to phase 2, are you asking if You can be treated twice In phase 2? Or are you asking if A participant did not receive the optimal dose, whether they would have the opportunity to get another infusion post-trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchitsu View Post
    I might be wrong or might be talking about a different aspect of this, but I was told they are doing it in different phases. Starting at very small doses for safety and then ramping up to much larger doses.

I was also told if you receive the smaller dose you will not be able to come back for the larger dose. I believe the initial dose is 2mg. If you get that you are unable to continue later on at higher doses in this particular study.
    Phase 1, The safety part of the trial: Single ascending doses in 4 groups of 6 Participants, starting at the lowest concentration dose.

With regards to phase 2, are you asking if You can be treated twice In phase 2? Or are you asking if A participant did not receive the optimal dose, whether they would have the opportunity to get another infusion post-trial?

Quote Originally Posted by comad View Post
    Trial available in Canada??
    Right now the trial is limited to five hospitals in the US, You are welcome to come down from Canada, The trial is not limited to just US citizens...

Quote Originally Posted by cadamson View Post

I wasn't really asking anything.

I was told by the people doing the study that if you participate in the early stages / lower doses, you would not be eligible for the higher doses in later phases of the trial.

Perhaps I am wrong or I was given the wrong information.
    Unfortunately, I do not qualify for it anyway at this time due to having, "too much function"...

Well I got screened for the trail today at Sheperd Center everyone there is so nice and helpful!

that is cool. What is your level of injury?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    that is cool. What is your level of injury?
    I'm C6/C7 ASIA A.

Well I met the criteria requirements as everything checked out, but I think I'm going to hold off participating in it. I want to get screened for StemCyte's (Dr. Young) trail. I hope they start recruiting soon.