Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RENETX Update

ReNetX will post on their homepage for sure whenever they have updates. There are also emails for contacts at each of the five hospitals participating listed on the .gov page, if anyone has questions, they will be your best source.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03989440
    Last edited by cadamson; 08-29-2019 at 04:49 PM.

I said PART 1 of PHASE 1 is over and PART 2 of PHASE 1 has opened up to people with sci older than ten years...

ReNetX update

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    I said PART 1 of PHASE 1 is over and PART 2 of PHASE 1 has opened up to people with sci older than ten years...
    Phase I was modified, there are not two parts to it. Either way, it is underway and still open for anyone wanting to sign up! I'm curious, who is signing up and if you are not, what is stopping you from participating? Thoughts?

The Sheppard Center has as link that might give some more details about the trial for everyone.

https://www.shepherd.org/resources-h...ch/reset-trial

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cadamson View Post
    Phase I was modified, there are not two parts to it. Either way, it is underway and still open for anyone wanting to sign up! I'm curious, who is signing up and if you are not, what is stopping you from participating? Thoughts?

The Sheppard Center has as link that might give some more details about the trial for everyone.

https://www.shepherd.org/resources-h...ch/reset-trial

Cheers
    The one and only reason i'm not signing up is that I live in Texas and all the trial centers are all too far away.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

I've pondered the same, networks of people who could take in traveling companions would be ideal. A great way to connect us all.

The ReNetX trial is moving along well, I cannot participate anymore because I have another SCI compression fracture. I am now a subacute L2 from a battle I lost with my chair, got squished (and a chronic C6). Kyphoplasty is hopefully the answer to my pain.

Quote Originally Posted by cadamson View Post
    The ReNetX trial is moving along well, I cannot participate anymore because I have another SCI compression fracture. I am now a subacute L2 from a battle I lost with my chair, got squished (and a chronic C6). Kyphoplasty is hopefully the answer to my pain.
    Yea so far 6 subjects have been injected throughout the USA. I'm going to screen for the trail next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Yea so far 6 subjects have been injected throughout the USA. I'm going to screen for the trail next month.
    hope you get good news brodie
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I recently tried getting into this trial thinking I would be a very good candidate. Unfortunately I was told my hand / arm function was too good... that was a first
    Major bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    hope you get good news brodie
    Yea I hope so too, but the only down side of it is if I do qualify for it I will only get 1 injection as I will be participating in Part 1 of the study.

Part 1 of the study is focusing on safety and no improvements are to be expected.

"The purpose of this research study is to determine if a single dose of the study drug, also known as AXER-204 can be safely administered and tolerated."

"AXER-204 is being tested in people with chronic spinal cord injury because it was found to help promote nerve growth and possible neurological recovery in animal laboratory studies with rats. A single dose of AXER-204 is not expected to promote neurological recovery in humans."