Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75

Thread: RENETX Update

  1. #51
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Yea I hope so too, but the only down side of it is if I do qualify for it I will only get 1 injection as I will be participating in Part 1 of the study.

    Part 1 of the study is focusing on safety and no improvements are to be expected.

    "The purpose of this research study is to determine if a single dose of the study drug, also known as AXER-204 can be safely administered and tolerated."

    "AXER-204 is being tested in people with chronic spinal cord injury because it was found to help promote nerve growth and possible neurological recovery in animal laboratory studies with rats. A single dose of AXER-204 is not expected to promote neurological recovery in humans."

    Oh yeah... ssssss!
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  2. #52
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,386
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchitsu View Post
    I recently tried getting into this trial thinking I would be a very good candidate. Unfortunately I was told my hand / arm function was too good... that was a first
    Major bummer.
    Can you describe your level of function? I'm considering applying; I'm C7 sensory incomplete with perhaps 50% triceps and trace finger movement

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    Can you describe your level of function? I'm considering applying; I'm C7 sensory incomplete with perhaps 50% triceps and trace finger movement
    Sure. C4/5 inc. Although I have very good control on my left side. Pretty good finger dexterity. Not a ton of hand strength but I can make a pretty strong fist. Not so much I can't do on my left side. Triceps are good on the left.

    Right side not so much. Very little finger dexterity. Can hold a cup and have a pinch but can't make a full fist.
    Much less triceps as well on the right.

    We did a video conference where I had to demonstrate these things to them. I thought I was a better candidate being I had this function. Then when it ended they told me Sorry Charlie it's a no-go

    they did say it's very possible they might not get enough people which potentially would have them change the requirements in a few months... so I guess I will get back in touch with them after the new year.

    Good luck!!!

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchitsu View Post
    Sure. C4/5 inc. Although I have very good control on my left side. Pretty good finger dexterity. Not a ton of hand strength but I can make a pretty strong fist. Not so much I can't do on my left side. Triceps are good on the left.

    Right side not so much. Very little finger dexterity. Can hold a cup and have a pinch but can't make a full fist.
    Much less triceps as well on the right.

    We did a video conference where I had to demonstrate these things to them. I thought I was a better candidate being I had this function. Then when it ended they told me Sorry Charlie it's a no-go

    they did say it's very possible they might not get enough people which potentially would have them change the requirements in a few months... so I guess I will get back in touch with them after the new year.

    Good luck!!!
    which location did you contact? Your situation sounds the same as mine. I’ve tried getting ahold of Chicago to no avail.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by nphuskers View Post
    which location did you contact? Your situation sounds the same as mine. I?ve tried getting ahold of Chicago to no avail.
    Pennsylvania. It took them about a week to get back to me but once we spoke the first time they were extremely responsive. Everyone I dealt with was very nice.

  7. #57
    Hi everyone, please feel free to email me with questions/concerns, especially with my recent L2 fracture, I do not always monitor questions on carecure cadamson@renetx.com

    For now, I will talk to others on the team about responsiveness. A lot of this has to do with volume of subject inquiries, but setting up a system that reaches out and responds quickly to inquiries (at least to say, hello and...) might be helpful. FEEDBACK is great from you guys.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Yea I hope so too, but the only down side of it is if I do qualify for it I will only get 1 injection as I will be participating in Part 1 of the study.

    Part 1 of the study is focusing on safety and no improvements are to be expected.

    "The purpose of this research study is to determine if a single dose of the study drug, also known as AXER-204 can be safely administered and tolerated."

    "AXER-204 is being tested in people with chronic spinal cord injury because it was found to help promote nerve growth and possible neurological recovery in animal laboratory studies with rats. A single dose of AXER-204 is not expected to promote neurological recovery in humans."
    Just a quick, but important consideration: Anyone who participates in Phase 1 (the less cumbersome safety phase as it has only 1 injection) will have the option to be first in line for the therapeutic dose (assuming therapeutic success in Phase 2).
    Last edited by cadamson; 10-31-2019 at 11:42 AM.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by cadamson View Post
    Just a quick, but important consideration: Anyone who participates in Phase 1 (the less cumbersome safety phase as it has only 1 injection) will have the option to be first in line for the therapeutic dose (assuming therapeutic success in Phase 2).
    I might be wrong or might be talking about a different aspect of this, but I was told they are doing it in different phases. Starting at very small doses for safety and then ramping up to much larger doses.

    I was also told if you receive the smaller dose you will not be able to come back for the larger dose. I believe the initial dose is 2mg. If you get that you are unable to continue later on at higher doses in this particular study.

  10. #60
    Trial available in Canada??
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

    Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-15-2019, 08:16 AM
  2. ReNetX Bio
    By ineedmyelin in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2018, 10:20 AM
  3. When to update
    By cpdisabled in forum Computers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 09:28 PM
  4. update
    By mtndewdrop in forum New SCI
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2005, 05:02 PM
  5. Update
    By LauraD in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2002, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •