Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does smoking pot equal shit for brains

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    If you can't get unpleasantly high, like way too high, then I'd say you're definitely a hardcore pothead. Myself I prefer a small amount of intoxication whether it be alcohol or other substances (which I have never partaken in due to vocational requirements), so maybe I'm the wrong person to be assessing your situation. There are plenty of people who visit Denver or Seattle or wherever and have themselves an 18 hour room spinning, nauseating nightmare of a time because they accidentally ate too many edibles.

If you think you can't get any higher, would you eat 1000 mg of THC? Why not? I mean it's just gonna be the same high, right?
    Distillates is over 90% pure THC. There is a point to where you cant get higher, its not like alcohol. Swim remembers smoking a decent size joint with a friend and shortly after swim finished, friend wanted to light up another one. Swim said it would be a waste......for the very reason I stated.

Swim has eaten an edible that put swim DOWN, but eat another one and swim would not be "more down". Eating another one, depending on the gap of time would just prolong the high, not magnify it. That's swim's experience though.

SWIM (someone who isn't me) ;p
    Last edited by McLaren87; 06-18-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    Canadian bacon is a fraud !!!!

I have friends that had add as kids and were given lithium till they were in high school, they stopped lithium and started smoking pot, one of them cannot function without pot and is a manager for an air conditioning company, he leads all the techs and solves problems as they arise. I used to play raquetball with scott and we played tournaments together. One tournament I made him promise not to smoke and he didn't, he played so bad we got killed in the first game, I gave up and let him smoke and we won our class.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

"Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Harry Anslinger was the Colorado congressman who got marijuana made illegal on false pretenses.

I function better for using it. That said I'm in advertising, not charged with another persons care. I've had anxiety since I was a child. Cannabis has been the only thing that is affective. But I admit, I am a specific use case. Until any studies have been done and passed by peer review, the affect cannabis has on my anxiety is purely psychosomatic according to my on again/off again therapist.. I'm completely cool with that.
    Last edited by Mutley; 07-24-2018 at 10:17 PM.
    Everybody wants freedom.... They just don't want it for everybody else...

A college professor, a man I now consider my dad, once told me...
    "The minute you let someone decide what you can and cannot do, your life is no longer yours." A truer word has never been spoken in my opinion.

Professor Bill Johnston
    (1930- )

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Some of the most intelligent people I know smoke weed. Top in their fields. But yes, it does effect cognitive ability.

That said, I'd take a heavy cannabis smoker over a heavy drinker any day. Just as a comparison.
    (Just a useless comparison, very)

Ummm... Dude... What was the question again...?

Individuals vary. Just as people can react very differently to a prescription drug, same with weed. I had a friend long ago who smoked every day. He was remarkably intelligent and accomplished much more than most of us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    Individuals vary. Just as people can react very differently to a prescription drug, same with weed. I had a friend long ago who smoked every day. He was remarkably intelligent and accomplished much more than most of us.
    Very true. My wife did 2 years at a community college: smoking daily, carrying 20 credits a semester, taking care of 2 kids and a household while I was gone all week working, and graduated with a 3.82 GPA.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 25 years post injury

SW Colorado---chair user from nerve disorder
    I know a guy who has the most amazing garden and lovingly made tiny house. Every inch of his property is a labor of love with a lot of whimsy thrown in, it’s like something off Pinterest or a home magazine. It is a LOT of work. He is a pot smoker, and works his ass off every single day. I have an uncle who is a lifelong pothead and pretty much anything else who had an extremely successful career as a writer for TV shows and a few movies. He also was a high school drop out. Pretty sure he was also a member of the everyday working your ass off club. I know a few stereotypical potheads, but most of them don’t fit into that mold. Spend an hour sitting outside a dispensary and see for yourself. Yeah, some are obviously potheads, but most are “normal” folks. Around here a lot of them are older rancher/ag types.
    chair user since 2009 from a neurological disorder