Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does smoking pot equal shit for brains

Does smoking pot equal shit for brains

In my experience doing it many eons ago I lean towards yes. The reason I'm asking is my PCA is a daily user. Morning noon night. She thinks it's not a big deal, as she says. I've been smoking a long time I don't forget anything. Well that's partly true. But what about being a slacker? OK I'm stopping here. P.O. ! = high B.P.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Ironically weed lowers bp.

There's no question it makes you stupider either. I never work after weed and you care giver shouldn't either IMHO.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Ironically weed lowers bp.

There's no question it makes you stupider either. I never work after weed and you care giver shouldn't either IMHO.
    There is, in fact, question that weed impairs cognitive performance.

https://www.inc.com/cynthia-than/the...teasers-a.html
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Some of the most intelligent people I know smoke weed. Top in their fields. But yes, it does effect cognitive ability.

That said, I'd take a heavy cannabis smoker over a heavy drinker any day. Just as a comparison.

Indeed, if there are underlying cognitive impairment from something like anxiety or pain then it can help, but I believe the strain and CBD: THC to is important.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Like anything else, it depends. One&done may take the edge off and not much more. But if you smoke 2 joints and then smoke 2 more, expect to be stupid.

For me there is a ceiling, I cant get higher past a certain point. Not that I would want too and SWIM is using distillates.

Quote Originally Posted by McLaren87 View Post
    For me there is a ceiling, I cant get higher past a certain point. Not that I would want too and SWIM is using distillates.
    If you can't get unpleasantly high, like way too high, then I'd say you're definitely a hardcore pothead. Myself I prefer a small amount of intoxication whether it be alcohol or other substances (which I have never partaken in due to vocational requirements), so maybe I'm the wrong person to be assessing your situation. There are plenty of people who visit Denver or Seattle or wherever and have themselves an 18 hour room spinning, nauseating nightmare of a time because they accidentally ate too many edibles.

If you think you can't get any higher, would you eat 1000 mg of THC? Why not? I mean it's just gonna be the same high, right?

What about smoking with your kids. This country is going to hell in a hand basket. And what about all these school shootings. It starts with irresponsible parents or "parent" I'm happy I never had children.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

I laugh every time I see this thread title. lol

I'm sorry you're having trouble with caregivers. A friend's former caregiver was/is a pothead too. She moved on and formed her own business .. the plus side is that she's up and going at 5am so many can get to work or school.

Better not equal shit for brains as Canada moves to approve in a few weeks and all shall be settled in September.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12