Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Choice Between Quantum Edge and Quickie QM 710

NorthQuad, Looking forward to reading your hands on Demo of Quickie QM-710.

We now live in rural area and seldom see any Complex Rehab chairs, so not surprised never seen a QM-710.
    We did see a F3 last summer at Walmart. Nice guy and gave great review of his chair. His past experience had been with Permobil FWD, think was C300 he said F3 replaced that model.

I am use to mostly RWD and MWD.
    Before health worsened I went through a number of Jazzy chairs. Actually think older ones, not just Pride but all brands that older models all were built better than any new models. Stronger, faster and greater ground clearance than any of new models of just about any brand.

My wife will only use RWD and now a days choice of RWD really limited for some reason. She hates my AmySystem and says its a 6 wheeler no matter what it is called.
    "Good Luck!"

Thanks, Mike!

Yeah, I had a front drive as my first powerchair. I lived up in the boonies and needed big tires. It was totally fine. I tried out rear-wheel as well, just had to maneuver a little extra but next to nothing. I'd be fine with any. I suppose why center, only because they work for everything I need.

Hopefully I'll get it figured out tomorrow because my current PC is on it's last days.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Thanks, Mike!

Yeah, I had a front drive as my first powerchair. I lived up in the boonies and needed big tires. It was totally fine. I tried out rear-wheel as well, just had to maneuver a little extra but next to nothing. I'd be fine with any. I suppose why center, only because they work for everything I need.

Hopefully I'll get it figured out tomorrow because my current PC is on it's last days.
    My first powerchair was a long time ago. It was a regular style hospital chair with motors and a chain drive. Slow but dependable and hear that chain slapping you knew you were moving!
    I had a Jazzy 1170 with air tires, low pressure in tire could move around yard easy and over loose deep gravel, too!
    Course now I stick to hard smooth surfaces only.
    Understand about PCs my laptop is about 10 years old. But, we have most problem with internet, DSL. We think it hates us and only works when it wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Good to know! Thanks, 50surgeries!

I'll have my hands on it tomorrow at 3pm. The guy coming has been doing this for years and will give me the no bs overall of the chairs. I think that may be why he was really wanting to bring the 710 over the most.

Thanks for the input. Most of this I had no clue about but boy does it ever ring clear. Getting parts for this has always been a joke. Leaking motors, broken plastic, piss-poor joysticks quitting. I'm the type that just goes with it but if I was more critical, this chair is exactly what you say it is. And I think with everything that all of you have just commented and suggested, my mind has already been made. Time to try something new in the 710. But if I ever win the lottery I'll buy a Permobil stander as well.
    Its pretty common for people not to speak up but just to let it be...which is really sad because some of these chair are the cost of a BMW or Mercedes and imagine getting a care that falls apart all the time with cheap parts!

To make it worse how pride shut off the places for users to complain as a group but ending there forums!

Let us know how the demos go...remember to try to different manufactures so you have something to compare.

Technology has changed a lot since the Pride 6000.

Thank you!

Yes, will do. This new chair needs to be better than my current. I'm getting older and a bit more worn-out. I want this chair to help keep me in as good of shape as possible while never failing. So I'll be a bit more selective this time.

So the QM 710 is here. The guy was straight-up honest about the Quantum Edge. It's been less than good in terms of reliability. Everything from programming to parts are lower in quality than other popular chair models. Not trying to cut-down the Edge but the Quickie is just a little better. He wouldn't stop talking about the suspension. I literally had to stop him from talking about it. And he was still trying to go over everything and I was just like, "I'm going with the QM so we can just set it up for my height."

It's an older beat up chair so photos wouldn't do it justice. I'll have to get a custom mount made to lower the armrests two inches so I can use my Vitaglide. Otherwise it won't squeeze under the lowest points. And I'll need to find twelve inch long footplates from another chair like my Q6000z. But other than that, it'll be the same basic chair with tilt. Getting it in all black with black tires/casters will be nice though. Just for looks but I like that.

Tilt is faster on the Qm 710 over my current chair for sure. And ground clearance looks better than my current. It goes up my slightly steeper than code 12/1" slope easier and smoother. One thing I noticed, it might be because it's a beat-up chair but probably not. The clicking brakes are twice as loud at least than my current chair. But that's something I can get over.

So yeah, QM 710 it is. Now it'll probably be two months or more before I see the new chair, lol.

Glad to here you ordered your new chair. Now it's like waiting for Christmas to get here! If I get a new new power chair I'll be paying for it myself. So I've been on quickie-wheelchairs.com checking out the QM-710 and if I spec out the chair myself, I can get what I want (base model no tilt or rising seat or custom seat/backrest) with a set of MK Group 24 batteries for @ $6,000.00. I wouldn't mind going through my DME provider because there are a couple of things I'm not 100% sure of plus I could test drive the chair. If you don't mind saying, how much will your provider be charging? No problem if you don't want to talk about the price.

NorthQuad, Congratulations on new chair! Hope it works out for you.
    Like posted earlier I've never seen a Quickie. So, interested in how it all turns out for you, especially the armrest height and footplate problem.
    "Good Luck!"

Congrats on the new chair coming up. Your DME was pushing Quickie because Quickie gives the dealer a bigger discount hence he gets more profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Congrats on the new chair coming up. Your DME was pushing Quickie because Quickie gives the dealer a bigger discount hence he gets more profit.
    Not a Quickie fan and sounds like he had his mine made and it was never a real question of Pride but never tried other chairs it sounds like so one will never really know without comparisons.

But how would you know commission paid and what the profit margin in of one manufacture to the other and regional territories?