Thread: Air in the bladder

Air in the bladder

I had botox in the bladder a few weeks ago but I've had a few bouts of leaking around the stoma. This weekend, when it was leaking kinda heavy, there were air bubbles coming up around the outside of the catheter. My caregiver pushed on the bladder a little and once the bubbles quit, the leaking stopped and I have been leak-free since (knock on wood). Has anyone had this happen and is there a cause and or solution to prevent it happening again?

Air can be introduced into the bladder during cystoscopy, so that may be what you are seeing. There are other possible causes such as fistulas to the bowel, and certain types of yeast infections, but if the bubbles have stopped, it is not likely that these are the cause.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.