Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stimulite Contour XS

Stimulite Contour XS

Hi all,

I'm shopping for a good backup cushion. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of the Stimulite cushions, either the Classic XS or Contour XS. Can anyone with the Contour XS version tell me how thick it is? I read that it's 3.5, but is there a lot of immersion in the cushion so 3.5 is more like 2 -2 2.5?

Thanks in advance.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

I have a stimulite contour xs and a slimline XS, the reason I have both is that I use the contour when doing any sports activities or when training or participating in sports as it seems to hold me in my chair better and I use the slimline in my daily activities.

I love these cushions, they are durable-so great for travelling, don't lose air (IE: ROHO), they breathe really well due to the honeycomb cellular construction,they are long lasting and machine washable (which is a huge bonus).

The contour I have is about 3.5 on the front and tapers down to about 2.75 at the back as my cushion has integrated dump built into it. It does compress a bit so you are probably spot on with the 2.5 compressed height (at the front), keep in mind I am about 220lbs.

Disclaimer- They are not super soft and squishy by any means, I know other chair users that have feeling in their backside hate them for this reason or complain that they are not comfortable but I have not had a sore while using them, never had one damaged during airline travel, they are just a solid all around cushion from my point of view.

Hope you find this helpful fellow Mustang driver!

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmay View Post
    I have a stimulite contour xs and a slimline XS, the reason I have both is that I use the contour when doing any sports activities or when training or participating in sports as it seems to hold me in my chair better and I use the slimline in my daily activities.

I love these cushions, they are durable-so great for travelling, don't lose air (IE: ROHO), they breathe really well due to the honeycomb cellular construction,they are long lasting and machine washable (which is a huge bonus).

The contour I have is about 3.5 on the front and tapers down to about 2.75 at the back as my cushion has integrated dump built into it. It does compress a bit so you are probably spot on with the 2.5 compressed height (at the front), keep in mind I am about 220lbs.

Disclaimer- They are not super soft and squishy by any means, I know other chair users that have feeling in their backside hate them for this reason or complain that they are not comfortable but I have not had a sore while using them, never had one damaged during airline travel, they are just a solid all around cushion from my point of view.

Hope you find this helpful fellow Mustang driver!

Cheers,
    Very helpful. Thank you.
    Their site kinda sucks I don't know if I need a sling bottom if I have a seat sling or vice versa. I have a seat sling, do you know which one is right?

Regarding "... Contour XS version tell me how thick it is?" - this page has more informtion about its dimensions than the manufacturer's page shows.
    Regarding "... I don't know if I need a sling bottom ..." - the sling bottom is needed only if the chair's seat sags from left to right as viewed from the front. If your chair's seat sling is taut, a sling-bottom cushion would do more harm than good. A cushion's sling bottom is designed to keep the cushion's top surface as intended when the cushion is placed upon a sagging (from left to right) surface.

I was just looking at that site, WC_Sage, and I found it better, like you said. My sling isn't entirely taut, but I think the flat one will still be better.
    Thanks for the info.

I have the Classic XS. I do like it. It's convenient and I haven't had pressure sores so far knock on wood. I have one with an extra height option to give it more cushioning. Mine need to be replaced every couple years or sometimes more often. I have not tried the Contour.

I am currently using the Contour XS. I really like it.. but have just ordered my new chair and will be switching to the Classic XS slimline.
    complete t6. injured skiing nov 2017.

I've tried the classic stimulate before and it did not work for me, maybe I just got so use to the Jay 2 cushion I'll never switch even though the Jay is kinda heavy. I just felt with the stimulate I was not getting the sitting posture support I get with the J2. I felt like I sagged. I dunno if its just my lower back is maybe not right or others felt this way or what. I just felt like I was slouching with the Stimulite, I dunno if the Contour XS would be any better, probably not because I believe it is the same material as the Classic, just a different shape.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

great cushions ive used them for 20 yrs. zero pressure issues. i have feeling and find them comfy after breakin. i currently use the classic xs and slimline xs. the regular contoured is to tall for me. i breakin 2 at a time and rotate them. i wash weekly in the washer and air dry. when washed they "fluff" back up. any any moisture goes through so not to lay on your skin.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    great cushions ive used them for 20 yrs. zero pressure issues. i have feeling and find them comfy after breakin. i currently use the classic xs and slimline xs. the regular contoured is to tall for me. i breakin 2 at a time and rotate them. i wash weekly in the washer and air dry. when washed they "fluff" back up. any any moisture goes through so not to lay on your skin.
    I just got one of these and only have one cushion at the moment. I've been afraid to actually wash the cushion itself. It seems like it would trap a lot of water and take forever to dry, and the best I could do is wash it at night, let it air dry overnight and throw it back on the chair 9 or so hours later. I'm paranoid about trying that and ending up dripping all day at work the next day.

How long do they take to dry?