Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: The Myocycle FES bike Thread.

  1. #11
    I'm hearing nothing but good things about the new Myocycle. I really like the way it was designed to be so simple to use, no real tech knowledge required. It is very intuitive and very reliable.

    Myocycle is now on Bike-on https://bike-on.com/wheelchairs/fes-.../myocycle-home Very good video here. I will disclose I have no financial interest in either Bike on or Myolyn Company. Just have a interest in you all being as healthy and happy as possible. I know FES Training is a very good thing if you can stick with it. This bike is very compact and does not take up too much space in a room. It could be a conversation piece, lol. It is a investment you will have for many years to come.

    Matt, is the unit available in different colors now? I remember the ones I saw at your company were Blue and I Notice on Bike on they are a golden orange color? I like that orange color better myself.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 06-23-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Matt, is the unit available in different colors now? I remember the ones I saw at your company were Blue and I Notice on Bike on they are a golden orange color? I like that orange color better myself.
    The color story is a long one, but the short answer is: it's only available in blue right now. I like the orange too, but there's a lot of data out there suggesting that, if you had to pick one color, blue is the one that most people prefer. So blue it is -- for now.
    Co-founder & CTO of MYOLYN - FES Technology for People with Paralysis - Empowering People to Move

  3. #13
    How about a pink one for women and blue for men
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    How about a pink one for women and blue for men
    Our concept art included blue, orange, green, and yellow. We never actually considered pink -- I'm not sure that many women would actually agree that pink is their favorite color. Hopefully someday soon we'll be able to stock different colors.
    Co-founder & CTO of MYOLYN - FES Technology for People with Paralysis - Empowering People to Move

  5. #15
    Matt,
    Can an individual with sensation use the bike to build muscle? I am C6 incomplete. I used to walk with braces but became lax and lost a significant amount of muscle mass. I'd like to get back in shape.

  6. #16
    What's a ballpark figure for the home model? I'm seriously interested.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    What's a ballpark figure for the home model? I'm seriously interested.
    https://bike-on.com/myocycle-home
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    What's a ballpark figure for the home model? I'm seriously interested.
    I think it's a great idea Patrick, I feel my FES bike has very largely helped me out with my Cardio training, when I hit hills on the handcycle I go up them like nothing even though I am carrying too much weight. If I can lean down 20 lbs I'll be a real beast on the handcycle.

    Matt, I think you told me when we talked last spring you had some kind of special that brought the bike closer to 8 grand? Is that still on and how would somebody get that special say they where buying the FES bike from Bike On?. I think it's great that bike on is listing these FES bikes, it brings them closer to the mainstream, other companies in the past have only dealt factory direct and I sort of think that might be a mistake. You guys at Myolyn can be proud that you brought the price point down on your FES bikes and you have a great user friendly platform.

    A question for you Matt. What kind of Electrodes are guys using?. I use to use Tyco and they were great but I cant seem to find them anymore. I've been using cheap 2 x 4 pads from Amazon and they don't adhere very well falling off and causing the bike to shut down with error code, frustrating. Hopefully you have a suggestion on some good sticky Electrode pads.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by hckychik154 View Post
    Matt,
    Can an individual with sensation use the bike to build muscle? I am C6 incomplete. I used to walk with braces but became lax and lost a significant amount of muscle mass. I'd like to get back in shape.
    Yes, unless you're hypersensitive, which has a low probability. For most people, the limit to the amount of stimulation you can use is your own tolerance of the sensation (it can be uncomfortable and even painful at high intensities). Given that you're on the borderline for walking, you could benefit tremendously from using an FES bike to strengthen your leg muscles and work out any spasticity and range of motion issues. You probably won't be able to use the full power of the stimulator because of your intact sensation, but you'll probably be able to use enough to activate your muscles with the stimulation, giving them that extra boost they'll need. For what it's worth, just the sensory feedback from the stimulation (i.e., your sensation of it) can cue your nervous system for proper timing of your own volitional input, which can help with any coordination issues you might have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Matt, I think you told me when we talked last spring you had some kind of special that brought the bike closer to 8 grand? Is that still on and how would somebody get that special say they where buying the FES bike from Bike On?. I think it's great that bike on is listing these FES bikes, it brings them closer to the mainstream, other companies in the past have only dealt factory direct and I sort of think that might be a mistake. You guys at Myolyn can be proud that you brought the price point down on your FES bikes and you have a great user friendly platform.

    A question for you Matt. What kind of Electrodes are guys using?. I use to use Tyco and they were great but I cant seem to find them anymore. I've been using cheap 2 x 4 pads from Amazon and they don't adhere very well falling off and causing the bike to shut down with error code, frustrating. Hopefully you have a suggestion on some good sticky Electrode pads.
    We do have sales regularly, though we're not having one right now. Customers can purchase through us or our approved online vendors like Bike-On or Living Spinal. There are pros and cons to each option. What we've tried to do is offer people the most flexibility possible. Each person has a unique situation, and purchasing through Bike-On or Living Spinal might fit someone's situation better than purchasing through us.

    We use the Axelgaard CF5010 electrodes as our standard (probably what you're using too, Curt). There is a wide variety out there, but Axelgaard's quality is hard to beat. The CF5010 electrodes are their Valutrode line, so they're cheaper, but they don't stick as well. If you'd like something better, try their PALS Platinum line. That's what I always used during my dissertation and they are excellent, though more expensive.
    Co-founder & CTO of MYOLYN - FES Technology for People with Paralysis - Empowering People to Move

  10. #20
    I just got some new electrode pads called "Dura Stick Plus" They seem pretty good, I'll better in the next month as I use them more, I'll update. The good thing is they are inexpensive on Amazon, 12 pads, full set for $20.00. Some of the other pads are $20.00 just for one 4 pack. One problem is my FES bike is in the basement and I do have a dehumidifier but it is still a little damp down there and the pads tend to get soggy and then don't stick right. If that problem persists with these pads I'll try removing them every time and keeping them in their Packs even though it's a little more work. I'm hopeful these new pads will work out. I've tried a bunch of different types.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Similar Threads

  1. Bike-on Stricker attachable hand bike special
    By fuentejps in forum Manufacturer & Vendor Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2017, 10:19 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 10:11 PM
  3. spin bike versus recumbent bike
    By janacv in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •