Thread: Tone in abdomen, chest, and hips. Dr. Young who do you reccomend I see

Tone in abdomen, chest, and hips. Dr. Young who do you reccomend I see

9 years a C7. Ive posted several times on here about this. I?m at the point I can barely bend forward anymore. My left stomach gets so rigid it pushes me back In My chair. I sleep in the fetal position under extreme tightness. My chest gets so tight it takes my ability to breathe sometimes. I?ve been to the doctor several times now and I get no where. Last thing he thought was prostatititis. I took antibiotics for 6 weeks and was a bit looser but not where I need to be. Been off them 1 week now and terribly tight it makes going to work hard, transferring is a thing of the past, I?m completley reliable on someone else now and it kills me. I used to be so independent. I?d give anything to be loose again. Please help with advice or a doctor in NJ to see. Kessler was no help, seems they only deal with new injuries. Its starting to get me depressed. Charlie

Dr. Young rarely if ever visits this site anymore.

Suggest you see a good physiatrist who specializes in SCI (get a referral from Kessler's outpatient clinic) and explore options that may include Botox, or an implanted baclofen pump.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodcharlie5 View Post
    9 years a C7. Ive posted several times on here about this. I?m at the point I can barely bend forward anymore. My left stomach gets so rigid it pushes me back In My chair. I sleep in the fetal position under extreme tightness. My chest gets so tight it takes my ability to breathe sometimes. I?ve been to the doctor several times now and I get no where. Last thing he thought was prostatititis. I took antibiotics for 6 weeks and was a bit looser but not where I need to be. Been off them 1 week now and terribly tight it makes going to work hard, transferring is a thing of the past, I?m completley reliable on someone else now and it kills me. I used to be so independent. I?d give anything to be loose again. Please help with advice or a doctor in NJ to see. Kessler was no help, seems they only deal with new injuries. Its starting to get me depressed. Charlie
    Have you tried JFK Rehab in Edison?