Thread: Can I use a calculater

Can I use a calculater

You know? I'm not sure and I'm getting dumber by the day (profanity here). Example. I bought 6 cans of soup for 2.50. Doing long division on my note pad.
    The old way. 6 divided by 2.50 yadda yadda tadda is 41.66. So that's 42 cents each.

Ok now I would like to use a calculator. 6 \ 250 = 0.024. So what is going on here. Do I need ro be taught to use a calculator?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Your long division is correct where you divided 250 by six to determine the price of a single can of soup.
    T4 complete since 30 April 2012

Your long division was 250 divided by 6. Your calculator was entered as 6 divided by 250. They're just flip-flopped.

(And by the way, where the hell and what type of soup did you get 6 cans for $2.50?? 6 cans of Campbell's ~ $10 after tax!)

Unless it's Ramen noodle soup..

Quote Originally Posted by Tman9513 View Post
    Your long division was 250 divided by 6. Your calculator was entered as 6 divided by 250. They're just flip-flopped.

(And by the way, where the hell and what type of soup did you get 6 cans for $2.50?? 6 cans of Campbell's ~ $10 after tax!)

Unless it's Ramen noodle soup..
    TO FUNNY! You just taught me how use a calculator. My 32 year old PCA "smartphone in hand" couldn't figure it out. Kids! LOL. BTW No soup for me! Just an example. It all started with this paper towel ad. 83 cent each, not bad.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Easiest to think "cost per can" and just replace "per" with /
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.