Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Exosome injections ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Wills77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    454

    Exosome injections ?

    On a facebook page for people with SCI there have been 2 people lately talking about exosome injections from stem cell center of NJ. Both claim to have regained movement along with reduced nerve pain and spasms. Both have incomplete injuries but had more recovery within days and weeks of their $11,000 injections.

    Thoughts or info from anybody who has experience with this place

    https://www.stemcellcenterofnj.com/
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,483
    I'm also very curious. I wonder how severe the cured nerve pain was. I know some paras who call mild parasthesia nerve pain...
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,483
    I will say this, one of the patients who used that clinic said they also injected his penis which is utterly absurd since nothing about sci-induced ED that is in the penis. Scam alert!

    Correction... That was stem cells in Florida.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Wills77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg PA
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I will say this, one of the patients who used that clinic said they also injected his penis which is utterly absurd since nothing about sci-induced ED that is in the penis. Scam alert!

    Correction... That was stem cells in Florida.

    Haha 1 of the patients I mentioned is almost bald uptop and also had some injected into his head. He said his hair starting to come in thicker.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

  5. #5
    I don't have experience with this place but here's my take...

    From the web site:
    -"The most superior combination of therapies is the use of stem cells with additional exosomes. This optimal combination is referred to as Clever Cells?."
    -"
    The myriad of conditions that can be helped with stem cell therapy is almost limitless, because it is encouraging the body to regenerate healthy tissue and heal."
    Clever Cells
    ? Sounds like clever advertising to me.
    As for the second quote - these guys are claiming they can treat anything with the same one or two magic bullets. Human biology does not work that way. Something that could heal cartilage after an ACL tear is not going to be able to re-organize synapses in a person with autism, which is also not what would allow healing of spinal tissue at the site of the SCI.

    Lastly, in the video where the doctor talks about stem cells & regenerative therapies right on the home page, he states, at around the 16 minute mark,
    "One of the things that happens, by the way, with the microglia, is you may see activated microglia, M1s, far away from the incident injury...so that may be one of the reasons that you develop neuropathic pain after these types of injuries."
    I stopped the video right there. That is a gross oversimplification of why neuropathic pain occurs and is very misleading. He either doesn't know was he's talking about, or was purposefully presenting a narrow view of what neuropathic pain is in order to make sure it seemed like the service he was providing could treat what he is claiming is the main cause of neuropathic pain.

    Lastly, the majority of scientific articles they provide are review articles outlining theoretical framework for use of stem cells, or single case studies. This is a red flag.

    I can't comment on the two people who claim to have had positive gains from this place - if they are indeed real gains, I'm happy for them. But paying $$ out of pocket for treatments at a place like this seems risky to me .


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    Haha 1 of the patients I mentioned is almost bald uptop and also had some injected into his head. He said his hair starting to come in thicker.
    You posted this comment while I was writing mine. I don't believe for one second that the same thing that can improve function and neuropathic pain can also re-grow hair. Living tissues just don't work like that.

  7. #7

    Well, their product "Disclaimer" guarantees they'll gladly lift $11,000 out of your pocket for providing nothing.

    *DISCLAIMER: The use of stem cells or stem cell rich tissues as well as the mobilization of stem cells by any means, e.g., pharmaceutical, mechanical or herbal-nutrient is not FDA approved to combat aging or to prevent, treat, cure or mitigate any disease or medical condition mentioned, cited or described in any document or article on this website. This website and the information featured, showcased or otherwise appearing on it is not to be used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment of any health condition or problem. Those who visit this web site should not rely on information provided on it for their own health problems. Any questions regarding your own health should be addressed to your physician or other duly licensed healthcare provider. This website makes no guarantees, warranties or express or implied representations whatsoever with regard to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, comparative or controversial nature, or usefulness of any information contained or referenced on this Web site. This website and its owners and operators do not assume any risk whatsoever for your use of this website or the information posted herein. Health-related information and opinions change frequently and therefore information contained on this Website may be outdated, incomplete or incorrect. All statements made about products, drugs and such on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In addition, any testimonials appearing on this website are based on the experiences of a few people and you are not likely to have similar results. Use of this Website does not create an expressed or implied professional relationship.



  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post

    Well, their product "Disclaimer" guarantees they'll gladly lift $11,000 out of your pocket for providing nothing.

    *DISCLAIMER: The use of stem cells or stem cell rich tissues as well as the mobilization of stem cells by any means, e.g., pharmaceutical, mechanical or herbal-nutrient is not FDA approved to combat aging or to prevent, treat, cure or mitigate any disease or medical condition mentioned, cited or described in any document or article on this website. This website and the information featured, showcased or otherwise appearing on it is not to be used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment of any health condition or problem. Those who visit this web site should not rely on information provided on it for their own health problems. Any questions regarding your own health should be addressed to your physician or other duly licensed healthcare provider. This website makes no guarantees, warranties or express or implied representations whatsoever with regard to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, comparative or controversial nature, or usefulness of any information contained or referenced on this Web site. This website and its owners and operators do not assume any risk whatsoever for your use of this website or the information posted herein. Health-related information and opinions change frequently and therefore information contained on this Website may be outdated, incomplete or incorrect. All statements made about products, drugs and such on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In addition, any testimonials appearing on this website are based on the experiences of a few people and you are not likely to have similar results. Use of this Website does not create an expressed or implied professional relationship.


    WOW!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    Haha 1 of the patients I mentioned is almost bald uptop and also had some injected into his head. He said his hair starting to come in thicker.
    That's the mark of a shill selling magic potion X for the hucksters.

  10. #10
    Curious, does the government have no control of these stem-cell centers opening business with no valid medical proof their treatments works or not? Ah well, read the Right to Try post. Guess I found the answer.

Similar Threads

  1. fat injections?
    By ThinkerGirl in forum Care
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 12:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •