Thread: Upper Body Exercise UBE equipment . . . which is best?

Upper Body Exercise UBE equipment . . . which is best?

has anyone had any experiences with the below equipment . . . are there other UBE equipment that you would recommend? I'm a t-10 para, athletic and looking for a good solid cardio workout.

Schwinn Windjammer

Matrix Krankcycle

First Degree Fitness E-920

SCI Fit Pro 1

I'd recommend the SCIFIT or the Krankcycle.
    Co-founder & CTO of MYOLYN - FES Technology for People with Paralysis - Empowering People to Move

I have a krankcycle. It's analogous to a spin bike except it can coast. The main downside is that I cannot push very hard without tipping my manual chair. You can rotate the entire assembly so that you're not on the platform meaning you can use it from a power chair, but the number of vertical angle positions available is limiting.

Short version is I rarely use it as a result of these limitations.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

FYI I get the best heart rate results from outdoor handcycling with the Easy Stand Glider being second, but I do NOT recommend the glider as the limited hand positions results in too much wrist stress. I'd go for one of the seated ergometers like the sci fit.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

You might also want to look at MotoMed products, which we used and provided for home use, at the SCI Center where I used to work:

https://enableme.com/products/reck-motomed/

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

My main cardio is handcycling and the Vitaglide. Been handcycling for 43 years and Vitagliding for ten. Vitaglide is introducing a new model that's come out I may upgrade too.

Handcycle provides the outside work needed and the VG is for working indoors. I'd been looking for a good UBE for years but have yet to find one that provides the quality workouts I desire.

I use the krank cycle at my local gym. It's simple but gets the job done. I wish it had a way to track distance, resistance, etc but it doesn't. I've been wanting to try a concept ski erg machine but haven't yet. I've seen a lot of the top motocross guys using them now. I try to replicate it using resistance bands and its still a good workout
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2