Thread: Swapping Tilite Shadow Wheels with Spinergy Carbon Blades

Swapping Tilite Shadow Wheels with Spinergy Carbon Blades

I know I have a lot of questions about wheels but here is another.

I am about to take delivery of a new Tilite ZRa that was spec'ed out with 1" wheel spacing and 2* of camber. Looking at the hubs on the Carbon Blades the bearings are set in a bit from the flange. I have only seen pictures of the Shadow wheels but it looks like the bearings are flush with the flanges of the hub. Wondering if I will need to use spacers on the Blades and if the stock wheel pins can be used. Both wheels sets are 559's.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Jim

Blog Entries
    You might. Additional spacers were, at one time, a no charge option at order time, IIRC. You should probably ask for a set. Not sure about cost after delivery though.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Just an FYI, I was fitted and took delivery of my Tilite ZRA yesterday. The Carbon Blades fit like a dream with no change in spacing. I have not had a chance to compare them to the Shadows but looking forward to giving them a spin.

Cheers,
    Jim

If you don't have extra axles for it, it might be a good idea to buy new ones that fit the shadow wheels that way you just pop it off and install it, instead of swapping axles and adjusting the axles every time you swap wheels.
    http://www.adaptivesportsforums.com/

I love sports! Wheelchair Basketball, Sled Hockey, Mono-Skiing, and Handcycling.

Quote Originally Posted by outkastsl View Post
    If you don't have extra axles for it, it might be a good idea to buy new ones that fit the shadow wheels that way you just pop it off and install it, instead of swapping axles and adjusting the axles every time you swap wheels.
    The axles seem to be a direct swap, the play between the Shadows and Blades feels about the same.

Cheers,
    Jim