Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $3.00 to take a ....

$3.00 to take a ....

Just ordered 30 Enemeez for 86.00. Do any of those pharmacy coupon sign ups really work? This is BS! I was able to get away with Geri Care Bisacodyl Suppositories at 20 cent each for years. Now my system is messed up and they just don't clean me out enough. Ememeez works very well. 1/2 hour total time and 0 accidents. But why so expensive. I don't remember Theravac being this costly years ago.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Yes, and the company that made Theravac (the original Enemeez) went bankrupt, which is when the current company bought out their production of Theravac. Perhaps if they had charged more they would have not this problem, but that may have also caused them to be able to maintain fewer users.

Unfortunately small niche drug companies, and DME companies as well, who make a product that does not have millions of purchasers tend to have to charge more for their products because they can't save by larger scale production. The packaging for Theravac alone adds significantly to its cost vs. a generic bisacodyl or glycerine suppository. Also, because it is an OTC (over the counter) drug, rarely is Enemeez (or bisacodyl or glycerine suppositories of any brand), covered by insurance.

Even the VA, where I worked, and which contracts directly with drug manufacturers for lower drug prices, paid $1.40 each for Theravac and $0.90 for the Magic Bullet, while paying $0.09 each for a generic bisacodyl suppository. We had to fight through a long spell of justification documentation in order to get them to include these in their formulary for Veterans with SCI for this reason.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I was able to purchase Enemeez for $24 from the Costco pharmacy while I was getting my daughter's insurance to cover the full cost of $78 from Walgreens. (She has dual insurance.)

A friend has successfully used Blink Health and Goodrx for uncovered prescriptions AND to bring her co-pays down. I just plugged Enemeez into Blink Health and the price for Enemeez is $17.91. You buy it on the site and bring your proof of purchase to a pharmacy locally to pick it up. (Enemeez didn't show up on Goodrx for me.)

I buy the Enemeez-like solution in bulk from a local Rx compounder, one liter at a time. Then use a Lubricant Launcher to instill it. Less expensive and works great.

Can i carefully melt a magic bullet to liquid put it in a 30cc syringe and inject it though a 6 inch female catheter. What about a compound pharmacy to cook the Enemeez ingredients.
    Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    I buy the Enemeez-like solution in bulk from a local Rx compounder, one liter at a time. Then use a Lubricant Launcher to instill it. Less expensive and works great.
    A LITER! 33oz? hlw much$
    Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by tvot View Post
    Can i carefully melt a magic bullet to liquid put it in a 30cc syringe and inject it though a 6 inch female catheter
    Not sure what advantage this would be vs. using a suppository inserter.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

The last liter I bought cost $171. The Enemeez tube holds 5ml, but unless the spout is pointing down, no one is getting that much out. So I've calibrated my Lubricant Launcher for a 4ml dose, 250 doses per liter. I use it every other day, so over 500 days the liter costs me $0.79 per use.

Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    Can you speak more on the Enemeez-like solution? What exactly is it? How does it compare and, how can I buy it?
    Standing up for our rights, one offender at a time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH59mpTo5x8

Follow me on instagram: mikeinbmore

I contacted a local compounding drug store and asked them to formulate an Enemeez-comparable liquid. I think the Enemeez formula was pretty easy for them to find in publicly available sources (docusate sodium, polyethylene glycol, and glycerin}. They do require a prescription from my doc.