Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Portable commode/shower chair.

Is there a Nuprodx travel chair that's self-propelled?
    I still have delusions of solo travel...
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Yes: Look at their 4000 series.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I'm a T2 complete and travel by myself quite a bit- probably between 40-60 nights a year. I bought a Nuprodx 3000 2009ish and LOVE it. Then last year I contacted Nuprodx and bought 20" rear wheels, front casters, and foot plates and just like like that I had a self-propelled chair that I could use anywhere I found a roll-in shower. When there's no roll-in shower available I slip the wheels off and go with the original set up. All said and done I think I paid less for the 3000 and wheels than you will for a 4000 series. My final set-up looks like the 4020 or the 4220.

You can't go wrong with Nuprodx- their stuff is expensive but worth it!! (I'm 6'3" 230lbs and it holds up to my abuse)

...there's a new player on this scene.

Seatara Wheelable Shower Commode.

Reports suggest its scary good.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Quote Originally Posted by WahWah View Post
    ...there's a new player on this scene.

Seatara Wheelable Shower Commode.

Reports suggest its scary good.
    I'm not a fan of the fact that if any plastic part breaks, including the moving parts which will be more prone to it, the whole thing is useless and unfixable. Also there are no options for any more support/push handles.

I looked at these at a product fair and was not impressed. Might work for some, but little ability to adjust and the "cushion" was totally inadequate for real pressure reduction. Also, may not fit over hotel "ADA" height toilets.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16 View Post
    I'm a T2 complete and travel by myself quite a bit- probably between 40-60 nights a year. I bought a Nuprodx 3000 2009ish and LOVE it. Then last year I contacted Nuprodx and bought 20" rear wheels, front casters, and foot plates and just like like that I had a self-propelled chair that I could use anywhere I found a roll-in shower. When there's no roll-in shower available I slip the wheels off and go with the original set up. All said and done I think I paid less for the 3000 and wheels than you will for a 4000 series. My final set-up looks like the 4020 or the 4220.

You can't go wrong with Nuprodx- their stuff is expensive but worth it!! (I'm 6'3" 230lbs and it holds up to my abuse)
    I'm looking for a new Shower Chair. I am a quad though - even though I don't push myself I like the look of a regular wheelchair. I like the newprodux 4220/4020 look.
    What is the difference between both of them and how sturdy is it?
    Another problem with shower wheelchairs is that the foot rests for MY feet are TOO short.
    My feet keep falling off... always!

Thanks
    Last edited by Mac85; 07-02-2018 at 11:40 PM.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

For those recommending the NuProdx 3000, do you use digital stim with your bowel routine? For me, I found it to be quite difficult on the 3000. It does go together very nice and easy, and is great for travel. I don't get if there's a trick I'm missing on how to accomplish dig stim easier. I think I just sit too high on the thick padded cushion.

Quote Originally Posted by tarantella View Post
    For those recommending the NuProdx 3000, do you use digital stim with your bowel routine? For me, I found it to be quite difficult on the 3000. It does go together very nice and easy, and is great for travel. I don't get if there's a trick I'm missing on how to accomplish dig stim easier. I think I just sit too high on the thick padded cushion.
    Also looking for a chair where I could do my bowel care in.

Can someone possibly find a thread that was posted a while ago but it included Shower Chair reviews and it even included a PDF file with a comparison especially with the nuprodx chairs
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09