Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Portable commode/shower chair.

Portable commode/shower chair.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a portable commode/shower chair that I can put in my car and bring with me when I go on a road trip? I recently ordered the Medline/Guardian drop-arm commode and it didn?t work out. Wasn?t able to reach for digital stim.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Take a look at GO! Mobility Solutions at http://www.GoesAnywhere.com. If you don't like it for any reason let me know and we'll pick-up the return freight.

rick
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

I have a Go Mobility chair and it's pretty tricky to assemble as you have to really compress the legs when you attach the cross-member that goes front to back on either side. I cannot do it on my own so I definitely have to have my wife along to do the assembly. Other than that it's a good commode chair. I wish it had a bit of dump to it for stability, but it packs nicely.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Nuprodx. Expensive and thoroughly worth it, compared to the alternatives. The only other one I'd consider is the Borringia Chameleon but that has a lot less support, so it depends what you need.

I also have a Go Mobility chair, the Shower 'n Tub Chair (CST). It's a clever and functional design, but does require fully functional hands, particularly for disassembly when pushing in the ball detents.

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    I also have a Go Mobility chair, the Shower 'n Tub Chair (CST). It's a clever and functional design, but does require fully functional hands, particularly for disassembly when pushing in the ball detents.
    Yeah, will pose a challenge to anyone without hand function but my wife can assemble and disassemble it in just a few minutes.

You can very easily add dump to the chair. Just leave the front legs longer than the rear. I'm a c5 and 1 adjustment hole higher in the front and I'm leaning back comfortably.

rick
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

I'll give that a try next trip. I was afraid it would be too much dump!
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    You can very easily add dump to the chair. Just leave the front legs longer than the rear. I'm a c5 and 1 adjustment hole higher in the front and I'm leaning back comfortably.

rick
    That dump trick works well for me.

We use the Nuprodx Multichair Folding Travel Shower/Commode chair. I's easy to assemble/disassembles and fits into a rolling carry-on bag that they include. Not traveling much these days but it works great when we do.

I have had both Nuprodox and Go Anywhere. Nuprodox the best by far for me.